RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Restricted Performance - Changes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
Restricted Performance - Changes

I used to get the "Restricted Performance" warning coming up every few months due to the turbocharger variable actuator rods getting stuck. Trying to free them did not work and I was not about to do a body off session to get access to the turbos and resplace the actuators (its a TDV8). It only happened intermittantly for short periods of time then disappeared for a few months and I learnt to live with it. I have been driving it for about 7 years with the random "restricted Performance" warning coming up randomly

Recently the "restricted performance" warning happens all the time and as soon as I start the engine. Only this time I do not get the squeaking sound on shutdown, so I assume the EGR valves are stuck. Also there is no smoke emiited under hard acceleration which I always used to get previously when in "Restricted Performance" mode or not.

Can you do any damage to the engine driving it with "Restricted Performance" mode. The only hassle is the very loud exhaust note which occurs all the time now when in "Restricted Performance" mode - used to happen before.
Its like driving with no mufflers.

Post #623946 Fri Apr 29 2022 7:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1