RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > 2010 3.0 TDV6 won’t crank - tale of woe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Seepee3o

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black
2010 3.0 TDV6 won’t crank - tale of woe

The problems started with a cracked alloy and resultant flat tyre 5 miles from home. I pulled over emptied the boot and changed the wheel with the space saver. During the 5 miles home I had every fault possible on the dash, EPB, ABS, Gearbox and about 5 or 6 others together with suspension in Lowered mode “ for safety”.I assume due to different radius on the same axle??
Pulling on the drive I tried to unload the.car but the boot would not open, not a click or anything. Out of desperation I disconnected the battery left for 2 or 3 mins and once reconnected the boot worked a treat. That was where more problems occurred! I tried to start the engine again to see if the faults cleared after the battery disconnect/ reconnect but it was dead - no cranking at all. Though all dash lights on ( including faults still) I was Censored off so left it until the next morning, when upon trying the same again no cranking. My instinct was the battery terminals as it was this I had last touched. I had disconnected the positive as this was easier to reach and I suspected a loose connection here. Taking it off again and inspecting wriggling it I could see nothing obvious. Connecting again and checking tight I tried to crank and it fired up straight away!. I am still awaiting the wheel repair and hopefully the dash faults will disappear when I fit the proper wheel and go for a drive. Meanwhile I seems that the battery terminals can be a problem if not treated with respect!! 2010 3.0 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Santorini Black - First RRS and lovin’ it

Post #622972 Sun Mar 20 2022 10:49pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Clean the terminals and posts, grease, reinstall. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #623045 Wed Mar 23 2022 12:01pm
Seepee3o

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black
Megafuse loose connection

Update - solved with a flash of inspiration- I decided to look at the Mega fuse on the positive battery terminal. I undid the positive clamp assembly from the battery and removed the Megafuse plastic cover to discover.the screw clamping the cable was slightly loose and there was movement. I took it apart cleaned all surfaces, tightened with the correct torx adapter and reattached to the battery. Result was the car started with ease and after 1/2 mile driving down the road all errors suddenly cleared completely. I have never seen any posts mentioning this cable connection but would offer as a point to check to anyone having wierd and sudden fault lights for no apparent reason. Removing my battery terminal at the start of this saga probably dislodged loosened the connection further and made everything worse. Lesson learnt¡ 2010 3.0 TDV6 HSE Luxury - Santorini Black - First RRS and lovin’ it

Post #623121 Sat Mar 26 2022 9:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1