RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New 2022 RRS Reveal this month!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>

RRT

United Kingdom 

Front and side elevations look a great evolution of the L494 design, but was the rear designed in Korea?

Maybe it will grow on me but for the moment I prefer the L494. MY17 RRS 4.4d V8 Autobiography - Aintree Green (also referred to on Topix as British Racing Green)

Post #624193 Wed May 11 2022 9:53am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The rear, to me, makes it look very tall. It has a feel of the D5 (without the number plate affectation) and that is not a welcome feel. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #624195 Wed May 11 2022 10:13am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

I noticed on the configurator that when I clicked on a couple of things it flashed up with the message that the price could not be updated (assume its chip problems) but when I removed that item, the price ticked up as usual. My "spend" was £106k less the items I wanted but could not get. I noticed that I had previously configured a full size one which came in around £12k more. Guess its full size, but not a chance ordering until the chip problems are sorted. I would not be accepting a car with items that I specified, missing
Full size spare £1060 Rolling with laughter Just looked out my order for my car & I was charged £166.67. Even their space saver is £290 which I have now specced. My car has around £8000 in options, new car has around £10000 plus items I could not get.
I'll just wait Thumbs Up Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #624196 Wed May 11 2022 10:31am
Jay1001

The cynic in me thinks it will never truly go back to normal purely because the manufacturers have got used to not having to discount new cars and they’ll just artificially limit supply to keep values up. I hope am wrong though.

Post #624197 Wed May 11 2022 10:45am
mikef

United Kingdom 

The only and rather large problem with limiting supply is that production volumes will decrease as a result. Manufacturers have factories, distribution networks and dealer networks which are predicated on selling a certain number of cars and limiting supply will probably mean not producing that number of cars which will mean factories and dealers closing and associated job losses.

I'm not really surprised though that the base price of a RRS has gone up from around £65k to near £80k. L-R would be fools not to take advantage of the current market situation by ramping up new car prices but with a recession looming and production capacity returning to previous levels at some point, I would expect normal service to be resumed in the future in terms of discounting and dealer stock.

Speaking personally I am well Censored off with my dealer this morning. I put down a deposit on a new RRS back in January and was told unequivocally that delivery would be this year, maybe as early as September or October. After having confirmed a configuration last night to the salesman he's now telling me delivery could be upto 18 months from now so make that the back end of 2023 at the earliest.

Has anyone been told something similar in terms of delivery and what do you intend to do?

Post #624199 Wed May 11 2022 11:08am
Jay1001

No way!? That’s crazy. Out of interest what engine did you go for? When I enquired the salesman told me they are having trouble sourcing the Bmw v8 and that cars ordered with that engine wouldn’t be delivered until back end of 2023. He said the other engines don’t have the same delay but maybe that’s changed now

Post #624200 Wed May 11 2022 11:30am
mikef

United Kingdom 

I sent the salesman 2 configurations, both for the SE models, one with the D300 engine and the other with the P440e engine and asked him to confirm which vehicle could be delivered the quickest. I had heard that the diesel engined cars could be available in a shorter time. I currently run a FFRR P400e and I'm not a great fan of the that powertrain so I could be persuaded either way depending on delivery but he has said either configuration would be up to 18 months away

Post #624201 Wed May 11 2022 11:40am
Eagle77

England 

7 seat option now removed? MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #624202 Wed May 11 2022 11:47am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Btw can anyone confirm what the difference is between the standard SE spec and the Dynamic SE spec? So far as I can work out it's cosmetic stuff only. Is that correct?

Post #624203 Wed May 11 2022 11:52am
Jay1001

Yeah looks like just cosmetic things to me.

Post #624205 Wed May 11 2022 12:59pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Thanks

Post #624206 Wed May 11 2022 1:18pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Order confirmed - been confirmed delivery Q4 this year Smile

Post #624207 Wed May 11 2022 2:05pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Congratulations! Can I be nosey and ask when you put your deposit down because that will give me some idea of when my car could be delivered given that I put my deposit down in January

Post #624209 Wed May 11 2022 2:15pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Hi Mike,

I was at the launch event back in April so had my money down then. Dealers were not allowed to take anyones money up until this morning so any dealer that has taken a deposit is really taking the P as the order system only went live today.

From what I know dealers get their allocation today and then are allowed to enter their orders in the order they receieved them.

If you "know the dealer well" you will most likely get an early car. If you have "walked through the door" then its doubtful you will see a car until Q2 2023.

Post #624211 Wed May 11 2022 2:33pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I too was at the reveal event in April and I had my deposit paid and receipted in January so it is interesting what you say about dealers not being allowed to take deposits until this morning. I hope they are allocating cars on the basis of when I put down my deposit not just on the basis of a free for all starting today

No I dont know the dealer well (Sytner Sunbury). I only started talking to them out of frustration because the dealer I do know (Lookers - Aylesbury) didnt even bother to return my several phone calls at the back end of last year

Post #624212 Wed May 11 2022 2:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 8 <12345678>