RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > DAB Retrofit - Has anyone used the mObridge DAB+ MOST unit ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RutlandBoy

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey
DAB Retrofit - Has anyone used the mObridge DAB+ MOST unit ?

Hi All,

Starting to think about a DAB upgrade and saw the mObridge DAB+ MOST unit.

Looks quite expensive, but a fairly simple install and remains a standard look here is the weblink -

https://www.caraudioexpress.co.uk/collecti...e-dab-most

Has anyone used or tried this unit?

I don't fancy one of the units that use an FM link, so the only other option is swapping the original unit out for one with DAB which I'd consider doing this but I don't think that the amplifier and bass unit will work with them.

Any advice or suggestions are gratefully received!

Post #622063 Sun Feb 20 2022 12:18am
peterjj

Australia 

i've been using the M2.Connect in my MY08 RRS for about 4 years for the bluetooth telephone (my car didn't come with phone kit). It integrates well and has been very reliable.
I can also use it for bluetooth music and although reliable, the music sounds better if i connect via cable to aux input (could be earlier version that uses older bluetooth standards). See if you can find out how you operate the DAB once installed (find an online manual?). For the bluetooth music on my version I need to press in a code on the car stereo then press menu button every time bluetooth connects to be able to see music titles on the car stereo screen. That might be different with the DAB unit though.
I found there is plenty of room for the unit to be installed behind the air con controls, under the stereo unit. Pete
2008 L320 TDV8
2022 Hilux Rugged-X

Post #622064 Sun Feb 20 2022 12:50am
RutlandBoy

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check online and see if there is a manual, from the sales blurb it looks like it uses the AUX / SAT position - but not sure after that how it displays on screen.

My working assumption is that it must as there is no external display or anything like that and I can't really see how you'd operate it !! - it does say that it retains the use of controls in the vehicle which would be good.

Understand about the Bluetooth and quality - I'm not that worried as I tend to listen to the radio more than anything that I would play via Bluetooth - mine has the Bluetooth module fitted, this unit interfaces with MOST and so I'd hope that the quality of the DAB would be as good as other audio - assuming, of course, the DAB is OK !!

I'd really like to see one working as its a lot of money to spend without knowing exactly how it would look and work - a real leap of faith !

I am equally tempted to update the head unit to a DAB unit so I'd get a better SAT NAV as well (if I chose the right unit) but I'd loose the integration with the existing amplifiers I think - which would be a shame

I have to admit there is a lot of information on the forum and it is a little confusing to me !!

I'd be really interested to hear of others experiences after they have upgraded the head unit, especially if the unit had SAT NAV in it Very Happy

Post #622070 Sun Feb 20 2022 12:18pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

On the pre 2009 it’s possible to intercept the Nav video to the display and display what you want (rear camera, PlayStation) and use the Nav hard button to cycle through this new input.
If thinking GVIF. But it’s possible

Post #622071 Sun Feb 20 2022 12:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1