RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Hand Brake Light Flashing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White
Hand Brake Light Flashing

Since the Assurance Programme and all the updates I occasionaly have the handbrake light flashing first thing in the morning along with a beep, beep, beep from the dash board. Doesnt seem to be a pattern to when its going to do it other than occasionaly frist thing, after starting engine and before pulling away. Outside temp was 7 degrees this morning so not an ice warning. Whilst light is flashing, lift electronic brake lever and flashing stops, sound stops.

Is this a new safety warning since the upgrades or a faulty parking brake sensor ? MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #264064 Sat Apr 24 2010 5:06pm
NJF

Luxembourg 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I've seen it once on mine. I guess it was a fault although the brake has never obviously malfunctioned. Next time you start up watch the dash carefully. In the information field at the top of the LCD, does it say something like "Park Brake Fault" for about half a second? Every silver lining has a cloud

2007 D3 HSE with winch, RAI, sliders, roof rack, ladder, yellow top, Engel etc for the school run
2010 RRS TDV8 HSE for work

Post #264070 Sat Apr 24 2010 5:51pm
dric0327

United Kingdom 

Hi Landlord - i get the same thing in mine - never noticed the park brake fault. Just beeps and flashes for a few seconds. Not done it since it's been warmer though. I'll keep a check on it to see if it happens again and if the dashboard says anything.

Thumbs Up 2016 MY16.5 HSE, 21" Rims, Waitamo Grey, Cirrus Leather, Extended Leather, Meridian sound

i ain't no dizzy rascal

Post #264180 Sun Apr 25 2010 7:14pm
8 CDC

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Ive actually just come on to post a question re the same fault......

on each of the last two valets, solid amber, flashing red & a warning on info system?? they all managed to clear themselves after about 20 minutes of driving......this left me thinking my guy was a wee bit forcefull with the steam cleaner!! But today out a short journey in the rain....everything lights up again?? Is there a sensor round a bout the rear wheels that could be exposed?

Post #264195 Sun Apr 25 2010 8:39pm
Landlord

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

I have not noticed the park brake fault message either. The flashing hand brake and warning sound happens occasionaly, Think it might be conected to outside temperature over night but probably clutching at straws. Will be going in next month for some more updates, not recalled but might as well have software updated with latest updates. Whilst there they can check the brake system.

Catalytic converter is rattling as well

Other than that cars running great Thumbs Up MY10 TDV6 HSE, Alaska White, Ebony with Contrast, Park Heat, Paddle Shift, Privacy, Heated Steering Wheel, Extended & Premium Leather,

MY07 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, Gone

-----------------------------
1964 Austin Healey 3000

2007 LR Defender

2011 VW Tiguan R Line

Post #264213 Sun Apr 25 2010 10:39pm
sregnif

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Giverney Green
same problem, Parking brake errors, but only in cold

I had the same error last winter, parking brake red light comes on, then the fault light comes on to tell me I have a fault. I had it for a few of the coldest months last year, then by April it disappeared, Low and behold it returned in December and hasn't gone yet. Incidentally I've changed the front Diff 40K miles, Alternator and battery all within the space of a month.. Big Cry
Get it back today, brake light still causing issue, any ideas anyone ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY06 TDV6 HSE Giverny Green People that say onions are the only vegetable that can make you cry obviously have not been hit on the head by a turnip Smile

Post #380807 Thu Apr 18 2013 1:29pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

I have seen a few wiring issues on 06MY's. All logging a switch fault

Need to have it plugged in, and fault codes read to diagnose further Thumbs Up

Post #380812 Thu Apr 18 2013 2:05pm
theGeMan

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I had the same thing on mine today,

short drive (couple of miles) at about 2c then when i went back to the car at lunch time much warmer by then flashing red handbrake light, no messages on the dash,

pulled up on break button then pushed to release and all seams fine,

couple of sort runs later in the day and no issues,

got to love intermittent technology!

Post #447429 Sun Jan 04 2015 11:26pm
Ovey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

For the last 3 days I've started getting the red flashing light and "Park brake fault" showing on the dash too. It's not first thing in the morning when I leave for work, it's when I get in my car to come home! I also had it this lunchtime when I had to nip out from work.

When I start the car, after about 3 or 4 seconds the steering wheel moves to my stored position and it's then that the fault alert comes on. Activating/deactivating the EPB with the button seems to be fine, with the brake working correctly (and the alert stopping when activating or deactivating with the button after it started to flash/beep). I then don't get it til the following home-time again.

I have about a 7 mile journey to/from work with a quick stop within 1/2 mile of home to drop off/pick up kids at daycare/school and it never seems to misbehave other than leaving work. Strange!!

Any suggestions welcome! Thanks. Current: Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey
Previous: Discovery 3 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Zambezi Silver

Post #452330 Thu Feb 12 2015 2:34pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Re: Hand Brake Light Flashing

[quote="Landlord"]Since the Assurance Programme and all the updates I occasionaly have the handbrake light flashing first thing in the morning along with a beep, beep, beep from the dash board. Doesnt seem to be a pattern to when its going to do it other than occasionaly frist thing, after starting engine and before pulling away. Outside temp was 7 degrees this morning so not an ice warning. Whilst light is flashing, lift electronic brake lever and flashing stops, sound stops.

Is this a new safety warning since the upgrades or a faulty parking brake sensor ?[/quote
Hi Landlord, Tried to Zap your spider,till i realized it was yur avatar Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter itisme

Post #452332 Thu Feb 12 2015 2:50pm
harrygh60

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Re: same problem, Parking brake errors, but only in cold

sregnif wrote:
I had the same error last winter, parking brake red light comes on, then the fault light comes on to tell me I have a fault. I had it for a few of the coldest months last year, then by April it disappeared, Low and behold it returned in December and hasn't gone yet. Incidentally I've changed the front Diff 40K miles, Alternator and battery all within the space of a month.. Big Cry
Get it back today, brake light still causing issue, any ideas anyone ?
I have had several warnings keep coming up,after having landrover modification for faulty fuel guage readings. I get Gearbox Fault , No Stabilty control, Drive carfully. Faulty Electric Handbrake,. And accelerater dies when trying to pull away, lift foot and try again and it is fine. If switch off and restart, all warning light go out, then it tells me to select ride height.. Landrover Diagnostics say it is the Brakelight Switch?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY06 TDV6 HSE Giverny Green
 itisme

Post #452334 Thu Feb 12 2015 3:00pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Ovey wrote:
Activating/deactivating the EPB with the button seems to be fine, with the brake working correctly (and the alert stopping when activating or deactivating with the button after it started to flash/beep). I then don't get it til the following home-time again.....

....Any suggestions welcome! Thanks.

Wheel arch wiring? Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #452342 Thu Feb 12 2015 4:26pm
Ovey

Ah, ok. I'll try to take a look at the weekend then. Thanks for the heads up! Current: Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey

Post #452355 Thu Feb 12 2015 5:12pm
Ovey

I found the connectors in the NSR wheel arch and checked all the wires into them (and the smaller connector in the OSR wheel arch too) - all seemed tight, and the cable loom coming away from it has been wrapped in tape and seems sound. I then gave the connectors a firm push together (despite them seeming fine when I checked). Since then I've not (yet?) had the fault repeat so maybe the connector had just parted enough to give a spurious indication?

I used to be in the navy as a communications engineer, and quite often had plugs parting slightly, despite having clips to hold them together, so I thought I'd try it on here - after all, there's water and vibration in a car as well as on a ship!

Thanks for the pointers everyone! Thumbs Up Current: Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE in Stornoway Grey

Post #452791 Tue Feb 17 2015 10:12am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Hopefully, that was it. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #452793 Tue Feb 17 2015 10:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>