RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > New to me RRS with many problems, help me please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

leegray

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Autobiography Siberian Silver
New to me RRS with many problems, help me please!

Hi,

I've recently bought a range rover sport with a few faults. It was sold to me with only one fault, the drivers window would not go up. I assumed from ownership of fullfats that this would be the switch pack and easily replaced so went ahead and bought the vehicle.

It does in fact have many other problems which i'm hoping are related but may be completely independent of each other. So first of all the car drove fine but on start up the next day it brings up hdc/abs/dsc/lowered suspension etc faults and bangs the brakes on as if its trying to work hdc. The tailgate was also showing as not closed. The car runs and drives fine after about 3 what feel like hdc attempts.

I clear all the codes (loads) and drive the car into the shed to work on it. Changed the switchpack on the drivers side for a new one and great news the drivers window goes up, unfortunately the drivers side rear went immediately down and wont go up again. Both rear windows are now in operable from the direct switch or drivers switch, fuses and relays in glovebox checked and are ok. Holding the switch for a prolonged period does nothing. The n/s passenger door opens intermittently, not sure if this is to do with the locks or handles.

I've replaced the brake light switch as although the switch worked at the lights and read ok on the computer having looked through the forum seemed the most simple place to start to clear the codes. with no joy.

Ive fiddled around with the rear tailgate, pushing and pulling whilst holding or pressing switches in various combinations, tried the holding the master lock switch down for 3 seconds. I've removed the motor surround from the upper tailgate and released that via the slide on the lock but can't get the lower tailgate released despite having most of the tailgate lining out of the way..i can't see the release mechanism on this.

Where should i look /what should i do next other than set fire to the piece of crap and go back to the full fats which whilst no better had a little more room when you had to climb in the boot to try to fiddle with the wiring!

I should have said its a 2007 2.7.

Thanks for reading, hoping you can help.

Post #621203 Sat Jan 22 2022 5:35pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

It’s not a dodgy main battery is it? 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #621204 Sat Jan 22 2022 6:41pm
leegray

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 Autobiography Siberian Silver

brand new battery on it. Shows 12.5 when not running, 13.8 when running.

Post #621206 Sat Jan 22 2022 8:05pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

A good battery should read 12.6 or more at rest.

Running should be 14+ when you first start up. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #621209 Sat Jan 22 2022 9:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1