Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Climate/Cooled Seats SVR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Magrillz

United Kingdom 
Climate/Cooled Seats SVR

Hi all,

Been reading up on the various options of the SVRs as hoping to get into a 2018 this summer.
Just trying to work out what options we will want and wondered how effective the cooled seats were in the summer. They sound good but wondered how effective in real use they really are?

Other options I’m thinking would be useful is the 360 camera, maybe side steps and the rest would be more nice to haves for me such as carbon interior and the opening pan roof.

Appreciate the advice and looks like a good forum 👍

Post #620992 Sun Jan 16 2022 1:04pm
Andy494

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I had the cooled front seats on a previous SVR which I regretfully sold too soon, I thought they were effective and if I was speccing a new car I’d tick the box. Recently I’ve got myself back into an SVR (used approved) which has made me really bloody happy! In the search for the right car I had to sacrifice only having heated seats in order to get the other really important bits, right colour, low mileage, HUD, carbon, etc. I know in summer I’ll miss the cooled function but there’s more important stuff to look for in a used car so I’d say if you find the right car and it has climate seats bonus, if not, no biggy you’ve got the right car if you know what I mean!

Good luck with your search.

Post #621000 Sun Jan 16 2022 7:22pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

To me, climate seats as a MUST HAVE and i have specced in every SVR, FF and Defender i have ordered.

I'm warm at the best of time the climate seats option also gives me the ability to only have the back of the seats heated / cooled. So i can also soothe my back, without getting a hot bum!

I will say - the climate seats also don't get as hot as just the heated seats, as it swaps elements, for fans. Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #621002 Sun Jan 16 2022 7:26pm
Magrillz

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys, some useful advice there. Good to know they do actually work as didn’t want to hold out for something that was pointless. Will see what happens nearer July but ones things for sure the prices are holding very strong indeed. I’ve been keeping an eye on them since last summer and they are holding tight.

Thanks again

Post #621004 Sun Jan 16 2022 8:06pm
Jjvd21

United States 

The seat back heating cooling isn’t as effective as the seat bottom portion. I’d say it’s 25% compared to the seat bottom. It’s been the same in both my SVR’s and dealer said it’s normal. Once you have it very tough not too it really helps on long journeys Thumbs Up 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #621020 Mon Jan 17 2022 9:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1