RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > No radio sound.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Themoog

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red
No radio sound.

Ok so we were out and about today listening to the radio in the l320. Got in the car after about an hour and now have no sound from the radio at all. The display is ok etc. What’s going on there then?

Post #619744 Sat Dec 04 2021 6:16pm
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I had this happen while we were in Devon in July radio died completely , got to our destination had a walk with the dog & then some lunch got back in the car after about 3 hours and it was working perfectly again, never happened since.

Post #619745 Sat Dec 04 2021 6:48pm
Themoog

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Rimini Red

Well blow me its come on again. I didn't realise my car was haunted.

Post #619759 Sat Dec 04 2021 11:17pm
Meiang

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

About once a year I get extereme poping and crackling from all the speakers even when the stereo is turned off. It is so loud that you have to wear earmuffs to drive the car. The next time the car is started it doesnt appear - never been able to demonstrate it to the dealer. I have owned the car since new - a 2010 TDV8. Because it only happens about once per year I live with the problem.

Post #621960 Wed Feb 16 2022 11:58am
BigBerthaTheRRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

I've had/got this issue. Started back in September last year. I'd bought the car in April that year. Initially the sound was fine and then all of a sudden before a journey it just didn't want to work. Everything appeared fine but no sound and volume controls on steering wheel and volume knob wouldn't do anything or show any image on the display for volume increasing/decreasing.
Sound came back next time I went out and thought no more of it. It then happened a couple more times a couple months later then went completely. I tried a hard reset but this didn't work. Yesterday it randomly started working again. No idea what's causing this but really frustrating as the sound system is so good!
In June last year I had to have the sunroof drains cleared because of wet carpets in the footwell. Wondering if this has something to do with the problem? But, when it was in its phase of 'no sound at all' I took it to my local indie who said the amp if fine and receiving power and the FO system is working fine, the problem is with the head unit. Seems strange to me that everything can work perfectly one minute and not at all the other. I've seen posts suggesting that a software update can be done on the system but don't know if this has to be done at a dealership and how much it would cost.
If it is a corroded wire in the passenger sill where the loom is, I imagine this would be hard to find and fix. If it is a corroded wire, it seems odd that this is the only symptom.
As someone mentioned above, I've also locked the car in the past and the radio would just randomly start BLASTING and had to unlock and shut off the radio before re-locking.
Strange! 2005 2.7 tdv6 RRS Vin 6A

Post #621967 Wed Feb 16 2022 3:40pm
BigBerthaTheRRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Finally followed up on this. Used amp on eBay fixed it no problem. Lesson is: even if the sat nab screen isn’t stuck on the LR screen, it can still be a dead amp even if the MOST loop still works. 2005 2.7 tdv6 RRS Vin 6A

Post #624353 Thu May 19 2022 7:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1