RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Extended Warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

mxdiff

Extended Warranty

Warranty is up next month on my 2018 RRS (3.0)

Land Rover extended warranty quote is £892 with no excess.

Warranty Direct is £319 including AA Assistance & Home Start (worth about £100) and £150 excess.

Seems like a no brainer really to go with Warranty Direct? However my main concern is obviously the crankshaft. LR extended warranty doesn’t cover it, but they say LR will cover it as goodwill if it has been serviced and you have the extended warranty. WD warranty not really sure since the buy out? Would LR would still cover it as goodwill if I had the WD warranty and WD wouldn’t cover it?

[/s]

Post #619116 Fri Nov 12 2021 4:00pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Worth a read https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread3253.html?highlight=warranty 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #619117 Fri Nov 12 2021 4:28pm
mxdiff

Interesting! I noticed that WD would only let you take it back to where you bought it from. I assumed that would cover any Land Rover main dealer regardless of which particular one you bought it from. But I guess not!

Might actually be leaning towards the LR warranty now as it looks like it may be less hassle if something does go wrong. I made a claim with them about a week after taking out the warranty on an Evoque a couple of years ago and they paid out with no hassle at all (£2k)

Post #619129 Fri Nov 12 2021 11:55pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Thumbs Up I assume he is correct! Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #619134 Sat Nov 13 2021 9:05am
Chips

England 

£319 seems cheap , is there a max claim on that ? You will need over £20k to fix crank snap with main dealer , obviously less with an indy but still probably half that so need at least 10k's worth of cover MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #619143 Sat Nov 13 2021 6:07pm
mxdiff

No there is no limit on the cost (up to the value of the car). It has only done 15k miles so that’s probably why. It’s a good deal - but not being able to take it to a main dealer and also having to get it pre-authorised etc is putting me off.

Post #619161 Sun Nov 14 2021 12:46pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: Extended Warranty

mxdiff wrote:
but they say LR will cover it as goodwill if it has been serviced and you have the extended warranty. WD

Who says that? The dealer? Because he's probably lying. Some get some help, others have been left high and dry. I wouldn't trust the word of the dealer in general anyway, and certainly not when it comes to what LR might do in the future as a goodwill gesture. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #619164 Sun Nov 14 2021 9:43pm
Chips

England 

The only time I have heard of LR not repairing crank failure FOC when the car has extended warranty was when the the warranty was not purchased by the claimant but transferred when the vechicle was purchased privately , hence LR say no goodwill as you didn't buy the car from us .
I expect if you didn't service it with LR you may be on a sticky wicket so you probably need to cost in LR servicing with your warranty to be on the safe side of a crank snap !
15k miles won't help , ours snapped at 20k miles MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #619188 Mon Nov 15 2021 8:04pm
mxdiff

Re: Extended Warranty

RRSTDV8 wrote:

Who says that? The dealer? Because he's probably lying. Some get some help, others have been left high and dry. I wouldn't trust the word of the dealer in general anyway, and certainly not when it comes to what LR might do in the future as a goodwill gesture.

“They” as in LR extended warranty (Car Plan). Of course they would say that though. But I haven’t heard of any claims of LR refusing to pay goodwill for any vehicle that was bought new from LR, has been serviced at LR at the correct intervals and has the LR branded extended warranty. Not saying there aren’t any cases. But I haven’t heard of any. On the scale of probability, in these circumstances, they are probably more like to pay out than not.

Post #619196 Tue Nov 16 2021 11:57am
mxdiff

Is there any advantage to getting LR assist with the extended warranty over just going direct with the AA?

I seem to remember LR assist previously being able to book the car in with LR for warranty work quicker than if I just rocked up on my own? Is this still the case? Any other advantages apart from the hire car for 48 hours?

Post #619197 Tue Nov 16 2021 12:00pm
Chips

England 

Car plan even they themselves would pay for a crank snap due to the fact it had happened once already on my car and so the next engine would of had the upgraded crank which wouldn't be a design fault if it failed MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #619198 Tue Nov 16 2021 12:01pm
Spleen

United Kingdom 

I've just renewed my LR warranty and it explicitly says the crankshaft is covered. Ferrari F430 Spider F1
MY17 RRS AB V6
2CV6 Special

Post #619275 Thu Nov 18 2021 8:19am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

mxdiff wrote:
having to get it pre-authorised etc is putting me off.

All warranty claims have to be pre-authorised when outside of manufacturers warranty, even with the JLR Approved warranties...

Post #619276 Thu Nov 18 2021 9:03am
1JBS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 SE Orkney Grey

Spleen wrote:
I've just renewed my LR warranty and it explicitly says the crankshaft is covered.
Be careful policy wording will say it is covered, but their clause about known manufacturer design faults will exclude it, if you want to check call their helpline and ask !

Post #619279 Thu Nov 18 2021 10:29am
mxdiff

Disco_Mikey wrote:
mxdiff wrote:
having to get it pre-authorised etc is putting me off.

All warranty claims have to be pre-authorised when outside of manufacturers warranty, even with the JLR Approved warranties...

Yes, but with the LR extended warranty you just take it to any main dealer like you normally would and they sort it all out for you. Just like if it was still under manufactures warranty. With Warranty Direct, you need to call them before you take the car anywhere and they need to authorise it first. They may ask you to cover any costs to investigate the issue before they authorise a claim. And then you have to take it to one of their authorised repairers, which may or may not be a main dealer garage. And then you may need to pay for the claim upfront and then wait for WD to reimburse you.

Post #619291 Thu Nov 18 2021 1:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>