RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Tyreleader.co.uk
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Farmer Chalk

Tyreleader.co.uk

Tyreleader.co.uk…

Used them before to buy quality tyres at reasonable prices but it appears they have changed their operational regime.

A couple of weeks ago I bought four JLR spec Pirelli all season tyres for daughters FL2. Normally delivered within a couple of days with full tracking traceability.
Had no tracking data and eventually arrived after 4-5 days. What was delivered were four Pirelli’s with a date of manufacture May 2018… over 3.5 years old!!
These tyres were older than the ones on the car that we were replacing. Upon closer inspection a couple of tyres exhibited marks on their beading rims which indicated that they had previously been fitted on rims. They also showed ingrained mud on the sidewalls. The tyres still had paint on their tread and the original stickers on them however they had clearly been stored inappropriately.

I immediately highlighted the problems and requested that they sort the problem… the tyres were only a few pounds cheaper than going to a normal tyre warehouse but I was certainly not aware that I was buying old stock.
13 days later I am still being ignored and fobbed off despite showing clear photographic evidence to them. They just ignore my emails or state that they are waiting for an answer from their warehouse and they will get back to me which spookily enough they never do!

So word of warning don’t buy anything from Tyreleader.co.uk unless you want old second hand tyres and zero customer service!

Post #619063 Wed Nov 10 2021 10:27pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I’ve had problems before with customers buying tyres on the net,they think they are getting them cheaper but don’t factor in the price to have them fitted which can be between £15-£30,then they work out more expensive than what I can supply them fitted.Also if they bring their own tyres for fitting,the warranty is out the window. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #619072 Thu Nov 11 2021 7:02am
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

I have bought from them before, some years ago, and at that point they were good. They were significantly cheaper and you could include the fitting at a range of fitters. Oddly, kwikfit were cheapest I could find when I needed a single tyre Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #619073 Thu Nov 11 2021 7:30am
Farmer Chalk

Tyrefitter wrote:
I’ve had problems before with customers buying tyres on the net,they think they are getting them cheaper but don’t factor in the price to have them fitted which can be between £15-£30,then they work out more expensive than what I can supply them fitted.Also if they bring their own tyres for fitting,the warranty is out the window.

I had factored that in, I.e cost of valves, balancing disposal etc. A friend of mine owns a tyre shop and I was horrified just what a tiny margin he operates on…

I normally try and support him but he states that often he can”t buy them trade for the price some sell on the internet… now we know why!

Recently bought four tyres for the SVR from him and he showed me the breakdown cost including the receipt from his supplier. Given the risk to him of having a problem or nicking a rim it was hardly worth it…

He actually makes more money if a customer buys the tyres from Blackcircles and opts to have them fitted by him.

Lesson learnt and all that…..
Which is the reason for posting to save others!

Post #619074 Thu Nov 11 2021 8:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1