RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New Range Rover Launch Invite (and some new RRS news!)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

RRSman

United Kingdom 
New Range Rover Launch Invite (and some new RRS news!)

I have been invited to attend the launch of the new Range Rover later this month. My DP told me he has already seen the car and it's another level of "Cullinan type of Luxury". They were not allowed to take photos as there was a phone embargo on the day and the event I am invited to is the same - no photos allowed.

Another interesting thing he told me was at the end of the dealer event they took them all to a screen with curtains drawn and as the curtains opened the fully production ready version of the new Range Rover Sport drove past in all it's glory!

He told me that both cars look fantastic and are going to be blockbusters. We now have to wait and see how soon after the FFRR they will reveal the new RRS but it's not too far away!!

I'll update you all if I get to see the RRS on the day too!

Post #617848 Mon Oct 04 2021 11:45am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

It would be good to know when the new RRS is likely to ship! Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #617851 Mon Oct 04 2021 12:51pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: New Range Rover Launch Invite (and some new RRS news!)

RRSman wrote:

He told me that both cars look fantastic and are going to be blockbusters.

Says man who wants to sell said cars to people, including the person he's talking to. Whistle Rolling with laughter

Seriously, the progression of the brand to ever higher luxury suggests that they're going to be making the current one look old hat in terms of luxury. The question is, at what point does it become too luxurious (and hence pricey) for its own good? Eventually LR are going to run up against a price wall. I don't see the new FFRR and RRS being anything other than "noticeably more expensive" to put it politely. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #617859 Mon Oct 04 2021 2:30pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Laughing They don't need to sell me cars I have had plenty off them and he knows if I like it I would buy it - what he was trying to say is that there are big changes coming in terms of trim levels I guess.

I do expect prices to go up quite a bit given Covid and supply issues generally all trades have been hit with price increases due to the cost of raw materials, however given that the majority of people now buy on PCP and finance if they get these numbers right I'm sure they will sell truckloads.

Post #617860 Mon Oct 04 2021 2:35pm
Jjvd21

United States 

Here’s an idea so you can report back with info - to help the rest of us who weren’t invited Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge
 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #617897 Tue Oct 05 2021 12:12pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #617931 Wed Oct 06 2021 11:37am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Was sent this today as a teaser - looks like they gone all retro!

Post #618044 Tue Oct 12 2021 10:36am
Cooperman

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Looks like a boat. Subliminal messaging that it is a luxury yacht for the road? Or maybe that it will cost millions Laughing Current: Cayenne GTS (got fed up with waiting for LR to build my third RRS)
On order: RRS3 510e AB
Gone: RRS SDV8 AB, RRS SDV6, Vauxhall Nova 1.0, Nova 1.3 SR, Nova 1.4 SRi, Renault Laguna (why?), BMW 318is coupe (fabulous - despite having to buy a radio and tape player for it from Halfords), 323i saloon, 325ti compact (superb), 320td compact (awful), VW Golf 2.0d 4Motion (all the car you really need), BMW 120d compact (excellent), 118d compact (slow), 335d coupe (rapid)

Post #618046 Tue Oct 12 2021 11:33am
mikef

United Kingdom 

Looks more like the Silver Cross pram I used to wheel my son about in 27yrs ago especially the rear end and if comparisons with the RR Cullinan are being bandied about then the RR and RRS are going to be right mingers Very Happy

FWIW I spoke to a salesman at my dealer a few days ago about deliveries and he gave me the exact same spiel about being invited to a reveal of the RR and seeing the RRS flash by in the background and how fantastic they both looked. I guess the marketing dept at L-R has been working overtime

Post #618052 Tue Oct 12 2021 2:49pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Well with both the FFRR and RRS now quite dated in design when compared to the Defender and new Evoque whatever they end up making will sell bucketloads and Im sure the lead times will be massive given the chip shortage too!

Post #618053 Tue Oct 12 2021 4:00pm
Cooperman

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

My HST that was ordered in June still has no confirmed build date. At this rate, RRS3 will be leaked/ revealed way before mine enters build … I will cancel my order … grab a stop-gap car … then no doubt wait decades for a new RRS3 to be built for me Rolling Eyes

The chip shortage must be a nightmare for them to manage, but I can’t help feeling that LR aren’t on top of their supply chain and aren’t doing themselves any favours by keeping loyal customers in the dark.

Moan over. I’m still very much looking forward to seeing what the new FFRR and RRS look like. I noticed that on LR UK’s YouTube channel they have new vids for the 22MY Disco Sport, Evoque and Velar; but nothing for FFRR and RRS which makes me think the new ones are indeed imminent. Current: Cayenne GTS (got fed up with waiting for LR to build my third RRS)
On order: RRS3 510e AB
Gone: RRS SDV8 AB, RRS SDV6, Vauxhall Nova 1.0, Nova 1.3 SR, Nova 1.4 SRi, Renault Laguna (why?), BMW 318is coupe (fabulous - despite having to buy a radio and tape player for it from Halfords), 323i saloon, 325ti compact (superb), 320td compact (awful), VW Golf 2.0d 4Motion (all the car you really need), BMW 120d compact (excellent), 118d compact (slow), 335d coupe (rapid)

Post #618054 Tue Oct 12 2021 4:09pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
Well with both the FFRR and RRS now quite dated in design when compared to the Defender and new Evoque whatever they end up making will sell bucketloads and Im sure the lead times will be massive given the chip shortage too!

Not sure they will sell bucketloads because they dont seem to be able to make any cars. The same salesman who told me about the new RR reveal also told me they would only deliver 5 new cars to customers during the whole month of October because of lack of supply. If they launch the new RR/RRS and take a load of orders off the back of the launch and then make those customers wait years for their cars, then they risk driving many of them away to other marques. I can only assume that they are confident they can get back to normal production levels by the time the new RR/RRS is launched

Btw can anyone confirm the rumour that L-R have currently suspended the production of the P400e PHEV engine altogether because of the chip shortage?

Post #618057 Tue Oct 12 2021 4:58pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I hope not!

My HSE Dynamic P400e has a build date of November 12th.

See the L494 Orders thread for more info:- https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic58129.html 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #618059 Tue Oct 12 2021 5:38pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

New RRS is scheduled to be announced in Q4 2022 however as rrsman says there is a preview of the car at the end of the launch video for the RR.

I really hope the spy pictures and artists mockups are inaccurate as it will be a bit dissapointing.

With that being said he's right, they'll sell them as fast as they can build them, there's always people buying LR cars just for the image/brand, however right or wrong that is, it is what it is.

Sooner or later if the QC is as bad as it is on this gen, people will start to lose interest as the price/quality point is literally at its peak now, I'm not sure it can sustain another 10-15% price hike and be as bad in the QC department as it is now, but I guess again, time will tell on that one!

Was invited as well to a similar event at another dealer but I politely passed, not in any immediate rush to buy the first cars that will have a mountain of QC issues and probably serious Pivi Pro issues specific to the new RR/RRS.

Will be interested to see how it finally comes out though! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #618061 Tue Oct 12 2021 7:18pm
pjbracer1

England 

Yep I'm sure it will be a nice car but they cant forget where the price point is in the market and where they sit, the Middles east will lap them up as quick as they can as its a status symbol which ever way you look at them (no LR fans just see a big "Range Rover" how ever old it might be, I'm on the south coast and its a daily routine of 2 transporters making their way to the docks to offload the range rovers for export, all lefties!

The current model is pretty luxury inside compared to most other cars on the road today even new ones, the Audis and Porkers look nice outside but the inside is still pretty technical and the same for the E series Merc suv's nice looking on the outside inside just a bit drab, the current 494 and 405 still look good inside, glass cockpit version or not. They were ahead of time design wise (just not quality wise)

320's and 322's were luxury but still had the functional feel inside and the jump to the current ones was huge!

Tech that is available for any cars has reached a point where apart from autonomous driving (a feature I'm sure will be a pack on these models or at least prep for it) there isnt a massive amount more that can be included that that is in all reality needed. maybe a night vison enhanced windscreen. Hepa filter AC. fully integrated IOT connectivity (but hey how much can you do when you are not in the car!)

I guess the auto driving is the biggest step for all cars and maybe if it had a summon feature when cars are allowed to use the road without an occupant. You could drive into town and send the car home or off to find a parking space and then summon it back to wherever you happen to be! it would be a great feature.

I wonder how much efficiency will be built in to them, will they all be hybrids and will there be a solar skin on the flat sky facing surfaces to charge batteries.

I suspect there will be more luxury faux leather, as they shouldn't be using cows by now, and maybe more sustainable materials used inside. If LR dont start to adopt a more sustainable approach they do then risk remaining the poster boy of gas guzzling SUV's I('m no green activist but the world is changing.)

I cant wait to see what it does bring and maybe this one has been properly tested and designed to actually work and not be a laughing stock in the reliability stakes (Theirrey Bollore said that was his main aim to improve the brand image), so what do we think, have they gone down the high end image route like normal and sod the build quality? It will look great but thrown together with a that'll do finish which will blight them? The new defender has has plenty of issues, any new car will but considering the history maybe the should pull out all the stops this time.

It will be exciting either way to see the what next offering has to bring I'm sure it will be a looker just not sure if its a catwalk model or a 10 pinter! Rolling with laughter

@RRSMAN get some of these for us lot stick it up on tube and get millions of hit probably monetise it and itll pay for your new one! Wink

https://www.ray-ban.com/uk/electronics/RW4...6597489478

Click image to enlarge
 If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #618068 Tue Oct 12 2021 9:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>