RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Difference between KPLA- JPLA- GPLA
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Terras14

Difference between KPLA- JPLA- GPLA

Hi,

While searching for some parts, I noticed the parts are classified into the above. Even for the same reference, like GPLA-xxxxxx-, the ending two alphabet can also be Ka or Kb.
Any kind soul can tell me does it represent the MY of the car or region or RHD vs LHD? Thanks.

Post #617107 Thu Sep 09 2021 11:40am
PEACHY

England 

Limited knowledge but
Prefix represents model or models for instance the L405 & L494 have some CPLA prefixed parts ( Body in White ) which is used on both vehicles. This changes depending on area of vehicle or when the part is fitted in plant BIW or T&F.
Base or the middle number is always the same, a bonnet ( Hood ) made for All JLR vehicles is 16615 identified by its prefix for individual model & then suffix for individual variants. IE a hood for the Jaguar XF with supercharged bonnet vents & one without vents would have the same prefix & base number but a different suffix.
Suffix identifies the engineering level or physical change to the part. Suffix AA would always be the very first of its kind.

Hope that makes sense Very Happy 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #617120 Thu Sep 09 2021 6:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Terras14

Awesome. Thank you🙏

Post #617140 Fri Sep 10 2021 1:54pm
pjbracer1

England 

As Peachy said sometimes its down to regions such as US market or UK market or the year it was fitted, in fact those numbers are not acutall LR part numbers they are part references as LR part numbers are always LR******* (often one part might also supersede another

Alot of L405 and L494 stuff is interchangeable if the year is the same or there abouts and you can always get away with some Jag parts as they are often cheaper. When buying parts that require a communication with a car ECU then it needs to be very close in year or MY number so be careful aorund the minor ugrades like mid 2016 and then into 2017 prior to 2018 as the backend software changed alonside the infotainment and the bus speed of the canbus is faster so older items dont work and vice versa (helped out a couple of guys doing a mod I did on mine and they bought later spec stuff and it didnt work.

Also its worth looking on newLRcat site as you can pick the parts if you can id them (they are different numbers again) but often there is a link to a russian LR dealer site that will display the LR part number so you can hunt around for that.

I found that I had to do quite alot of digging to see if the part is the right one there is a place over in the US partlink I think that often sell breaking parts and they put loads of good infor up and the vin of the car it came from (so you can do a vin spec look up and find if that car had the spec you want and then know if the part should work.

You used to be able to look up you car spec on Topix using you VIN but LR stook that away from us!

Good luck in your search If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #617157 Fri Sep 10 2021 8:54pm
Terras14

Hi pjbracer1,

Thank you very much for your kind explanation. What happen is that mine is a 2016 sdv6 and looking for a digital instrument to replace my analogue one. I found one which is GPLA-10849-KB from feb 2016. Even thou my car does not have the canbus wiring for the original meter, when I pluck in the meter I have, it does work. The only problem is I cannot change the language.
In my original meter, I can choose multiple language but when the digital meter is plug in, my programmer says he cannot download a new language. So I had no choice but to remove.
So I found another similar meter GPLA-10849- KA and KC. One is late 2015 and one is mid 2016. I am sure they are both English originally so at least the language problem is solved. Could it be due to lack of canbus hence I am not able to program the language? Or maybe it is just the hardware?
Secondly between KA ( late 2015 ) vs KC (mid 2016), which one should I choose? I suppose I dont have to worry about which version of the car the instrucment cluster belongs to right?

Thank you for any of your kind reply.

Post #617182 Sat Sep 11 2021 11:48am
pjbracer1

England 

If its the can bus then it just wont work so I think you are good there, the langauge might be set in the digi display but if you have a GAP diagnostice IID tool I bet it could be changed? All UK cars have the TFT dash I think. Or maybe someone nearby has access to JLR SDD software that re-program it I suspect it might have its onw ROM and so defaults the original country and lang it was destined for. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #617184 Sat Sep 11 2021 3:41pm
Terras14

Thank you. I bought another one and hopefully it will work.

Post #617466 Sun Sep 19 2021 3:02pm
pjbracer1

England 

did it work in the end? If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #617850 Mon Oct 04 2021 12:46pm
Terras14

Hi there. Yes. The second one I bought has the same fuel type, rhd and had the GPLA reference digital gauge. It works and everything function except the mileage on the digital cannot be programme to my car. So the mileage on the dash is that of the previous car. Except for that all works. The first one also works but I stop when the one doing the install inform me that the language cannot be changed. Just a quick note. My car dash only has one wire and the digital dash got 3 hole. I only plug in one wire and leave the other two empty. I suppose other car comes with 3 wire. But then the digital screen still works.

Post #617856 Mon Oct 04 2021 1:41pm
pjbracer1

England 

Cool I guess you might need to get a dealer to reset the mileage for you (I'm sure they will charge for this as it will be a legal thing). Not sure If Singapore has an MOT like the UK but this records the mileage so if there wasnt much difference and the new digital display had more miles on it, it would just look like you did a lot of miles that year but if it has less then either the car needs to be reset or the paperwork needs to have an adjustment/ correction for the difference. Good that it works though If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #617862 Mon Oct 04 2021 3:30pm
Terras14

Hi there. Yes I intend to ask my dealer to adjust the correct mileage for me when I next send it for servicing as it is the most right things to do and hopefully they will agree to it and not ask me to FO.
We do have our kind of MOT over here but not yearly.

Post #617888 Tue Oct 05 2021 3:36am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1