RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > high resonance humming when turning steering wheel left
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gavcav

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey
high resonance humming when turning steering wheel left

Just thought i'd put this out there in case anyone has a similar problem?

Had a strange high resonance humming coming from the front end when turning the steering wheel . Not apparent when stationary, low speed (<20 mph), only when turning left.
..steering issue? wheel bearing? ARC system? Just had the full ARC system replaced so you can imagine how i felt at having yet another problem.
My local LR Indep got me in pronto and we went for a test drive. The Mech said he had never hear a sound like it before..did a few manoeuvres, tried different road surfaces, varying speeds etc.

The Mech mentioned various steering issues he'd come across before, together with suspension and other front end possibles..one being the front brake disc back plate attachment bolts shearing/coming loose and allowing the back plate to touch the back edge of the brake disc. We pulled up on the forecourt of the Indep and sure enough, the front left brake back plate was loose..some bolts were loose and one had sheared. Whipped it in, Both front wheels off, discs off, new bolts and anti vib washers..(front right had started to come loose as well). £90 inc VAT, Test drove again and the noise had gone.

Massive thanks to GREEN OVAL GARAGE especially Rob the Mech who did a great job at T/S the problem.

regs Gav

Post #616912 Tue Aug 31 2021 9:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1