Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > oil dilution - apparently LR only covering 1 claim
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 
oil dilution - apparently LR only covering 1 claim

Hi All,

Well that dreaded time has come around again - my wife's MY16 has the service due indicator when actual services is due May 2022. Booked the car into Beadles Watford - was told by the service advisor these are no longer convered by the additional warranty.

No courtesy cars either - sad to say, this has pretty much ended my desire to stay with the LR product - I know I should be driving the car more to avoid this issue but there's only so much running up and down the A1 I can do to prevent the issue.

Anyyone else experienced this new LR warranty policy ? Needless to say, I will try and challenge it but don't think I will get very far.

Rgds
Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #618616 Mon Nov 01 2021 4:26pm
Jay1001

Haven't got any experience with regards to the approved used warranty for the oil dilution but if you call the Land Rover Customer Experience number (‭0370 500 0500‬) and make a complaint then they'll make the dealershiip give you a courtesy car (They definitely do it for the standard 3 year warranty so I assume it works for the approved used warranty as well? No harm in trying anyway).

One caveat is that it will most likely be some crappy Toyota hatchback as enterprise provide the courtesy car.

Don't blame you with regards to wanting to leave the brand. Feel the same way as you after the way we've been treated recently. They certainly don't make you feel like a valued customer as compared to other brands such as Bentley.

Last edited by Jay1001 on Mon Nov 01 2021 6:28pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #618618 Mon Nov 01 2021 5:37pm
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Thanks Jay - will try them tomorrow - tough when its the only car we rely on for the kids, etc

I've ordered a Taycan through the work scheme - still a 1 year wait so need to put up with the dealership until then...the car is great just badly let down by a poor dealer network.

Sorry to hear about your recent experience.

P MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #618619 Mon Nov 01 2021 5:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1