RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Throttle body damage
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

holmesy84

United Kingdom 
Throttle body damage

Anyone else had their throttle body crack or piece break off? Car went into limp mode last week so got the AA out. The guy cleaned the MAF sensor but he also checked the throttle body and noticed a piece had broken off where the coolant pipe attaches so I’m getting a fine spray of oil at the front of the engine. Difficult to say whether it was the dirty MAF or throttle body that caused the restricted performance, it’s going into the dealer on Wednesday, glad I forked out on an extended warranty as the plastic engine components don’t seem to have much longevity.

Post #616601 Sun Aug 15 2021 12:51pm
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 

Got any photos? I'd be interested to see what broke off exactly as I've never come across that before.

The throttle body does not have coolant pipes connected to it. I think you mean the EGR pipes. Joe

Post #616659 Wed Aug 18 2021 6:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

It’s the big hose as the front on the SDV6. Part of the plastic hose tail that you put the hose on to had broken off at the bottom so when the hose was on even with a tightened jubilee clip there was still a gap. After being at the dealers today it transpires the hose also had a split in it so no wonder there was a spray of oil and car kept going into restricted performance. Thankfully once again RAMP has paid out on the extended warranty with no argument.

Post #616671 Wed Aug 18 2021 9:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1