RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Pricing ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

pjbracer1

England 

Also have in mind the used car marekt is also propped up by the lease cars getting dropped back into the pool in exchange for a shiny new one, as there is a shortage of them at the moment most lease cars are being held onto. Also there are a lot of lease and PCP owners who are optiing to pay the balloon and then sell privately as there is demand for them. Even if the balloon payment is £25K that same car can be sold second hand pretty easily without any real hassles for much more, so even it market value is say 38K it coudl still be sold for 36K with ease and the new owner gets a deal, you get the cash (pay back any loan used for it) keep the difference, and then have a nice cash deposit for the next one when there is stock or use it for something else, trade ins and WEBAC is a very easy option but its always at a cost to you.

Te second hand market is also higher as people look to grab a bargain and save some cash as many look to a nearly new car instead of brand new after covid has hit many peoples pockets. With cars generally being more reliable (maybe not LR's) the need to buy new and "not have to worry about failing and MOT" is not really a thing anymore.

That said there comes a time where new makes more sense than nearly new if the figures work out, and it depends one what figure you focus on is it the how much does it cost monthly or over 3 years or total cost or ownership and do you onw the asset?

PCP and Leasing is a good idea as there is not maintenance if that is part of the deal but at the same time after the term you also dont own it so if you want to stop the leasing and monthly payments you need to have saved the difference to buy at the end or get another loan to pay the final payment off.

I think the market has gone nuts but the secondhand market is quite strong as there are not many new 3yr olds entering into it, so once new cars start rolling off the line it will adjust accordingly but the buyers attitudes have changed across alot of markets as Coivd has made people focus on other things outside of the rat race (like people selling up and moving to the country)

Id sell now while the market is strong and then buy something fun in between that you dont mind losing a little bit on like a Golf GTI or something easy to shift on when the time is right for your L405! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #616288 Mon Aug 02 2021 8:30am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Looking at a 2021 Mercedes GLE from Arnold Clark, went onto their valuation for my Range Rover Sport
Wait for it £7000 below WBAC. Rolling with laughter Oh forgot to add the extra £500 promotion they are running just now. £6500 below WBAC. Will be rushing up there first thing tomorrow, or maybe NOT Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #616667 Wed Aug 18 2021 5:48pm
pjbracer1

England 

Ha trade ins are never really worth it money wise unless you wanna drive in and drive out again, should always get more private, but the only problem is the more expensive they are the less people have to purchase that isnt on finance and I think dealer know this. I get maybe 1K but that is just rude or maybe their calc isnt based on the current market as it seesm very high at the mo If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #616669 Wed Aug 18 2021 7:09pm
Harveyp500

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
TRADE IN VALUES

On looking around at the used RRS's the prices do seem to have gone through the roof at the moment compared to last year when i bought my 18 plate Autobiography from a LR dealer during the lockdown.

Got a valuation yesterday from an LR dealership at 4k more than i paid for it, yes i battered the LR sales guy down on the price but I think its a bit of a result for me at least on this one and on looking around I have seen 18 plate Autobiography's up for 60-65K with 35k miles on the clocks where as this time last year I looked at a dozen or so of them for mid to late 50's with 20k on the clocks. 2023 D350 FIRST EDITION, SANTORINI WITH CLOUD/EBONY
2009 2.7 TDV6 HSE SANTORINI BLACK
2020 p400e Autobiography Santorini

GONE
2018 3.0 SDV6 AUTOBIOGRAPHY, CARPATHIAN GREY, SANTORINI PAN ROOF, IVORY INTERIOR. Now gone but will be missed, Cracking motor.
2015 3.0 SDv6 HSE DYNAMIC CORRIS
2014 3.0 SDV6 HSE FUJI WHITE CONTRAST SANTORINI PAN ROOF.
Evoque 2.2 d Pure Tech Auto
P38 4.0 HSE
Disco 2.5 d XS

Post #616837 Fri Aug 27 2021 9:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12