RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Tracker/Immob insurance issue!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRSEB

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Tracker/Immob insurance issue!

Hello.
I have 2010 V6.
Anybrother know or had their insurance company ask for proof of tracker and immobiliser? They say I am not covered for theft until I do!! However, I can find NO proof of this in logbook etc from factory.
If anyone can enlighten me on how to sort this probably common issue, please reply šŸ‘šŸ™ cheers

Post #615345 Thu Jul 01 2021 1:43pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

they didn't have a tracker as standard.
Sounds like you need to get one fitted !? or cancel (within 14 days?) and move somewhere else

Post #615349 Thu Jul 01 2021 2:10pm
Ptang

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Yes, but only because I declared on the quote request with DirectLine that my car has a Tracker Horizon fitted.

They said in the welcome letter and schedule that as part of the terms and conditions I must send the installation certificate and subscription information otherwise "... you are not covered for any claims for theft or attempted theft under section (C)b of your policy, until we have received and accepted your Security Installation Certificate(s)".

This is the first time I've actually been asked for the certificate since buying the car in 2006 - I've been with DL on this car in the past and they never wanted it before. Maybe they've been stung in the past?

Are you sure you didn't tick a box indicating you had a tracker by mistake?

JB.

Post #615361 Thu Jul 01 2021 6:15pm
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I had the same when I bought my L320 in 2017, the company I was with at the time (can't remember who it was then) stipulated that I had to have a tracker fitted or I would not be covered for theft. I had one fitted the day after I bought it.
Since then not one company has asked for a tracker during the renewal ringaround.

Post #615362 Thu Jul 01 2021 6:28pm
Farmer Chalk

You will need to speak to a tracker installation company and get one fitted. When you do you will receive a certificate of installation which proves fitment.

Insurers have become a bit canny with people ticking boxes saying they have got one to obtain further discounts when they havenā€™t ā€¦. Hence your challengeā€¦ Very Happy

Post #615364 Thu Jul 01 2021 6:43pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I've had this problem with Direct Line (who currently insure my house). You get all the way through the request for a quote and then they ask if you have a tracker fitted. When you say no, they say they can't quote!.

But they are tarring all RRS owners with the same brush. I can understand if you're driving around in Ā£100k's worth of car then you should have a tracker fitted but (as in my case) driving a 13 year old car worth about Ā£6500 if I'm lucky - well why would I want a tracker? Last renewal I ended up moving from Aviva to Marks and Spencer both of whom do not require a tracker for my 2008 RRS

Edit: just noticed you are in Bromley which may mean you'll be considered London! Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #615408 Sat Jul 03 2021 1:40pm
Farmer Chalk

Unfortunately Bromley and SE London have been in the forefront of Land Rover thefts in the last yearā€¦hence you are being rated for your area and then because itā€™s a Land Roverā€¦.

Post #615424 Sat Jul 03 2021 10:05pm
Kenniff

Scotland 

Eaters wrote:
I've had this problem with Direct Line (who currently insure my house). You get all the way through the request for a quote and then they ask if you have a tracker fitted. When you say no, they say they can't quote!.

But they are tarring all RRS owners with the same brush. I can understand if you're driving around in Ā£100k's worth of car then you should have a tracker fitted but (as in my case) driving a 13 year old car worth about Ā£6500 if I'm lucky - well why would I want a tracker? Last renewal I ended up moving from Aviva to Marks and Spencer both of whom do not require a tracker for my 2008 RRS

Edit: just noticed you are in Bromley which may mean you'll be considered London!

I hear what you are saying, but 11 year old car is surely not a target. They are stealing the newer ones. current: RRS HST P400 engine ( 2021) Hakuba silver

Post #615645 Sun Jul 11 2021 7:24pm
Darkangelv2

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Iā€™ve just had exactly the same from Churchill (over the phone) but not had any notification of such an exclusion when creating a new policy online. Madness - itā€™s a 10 year old car and a tracker is Ā£200+ to install and another Ā£150 a year to subscribe!

Post #615653 Sun Jul 11 2021 11:34pm
Oldandconfused

When I had the tracker installed in the car, I paid the extra monitoring fee up front for the time I owned the vehicle. I can't remember how much extra it was but if you intend to keep the car more than a couple of years it may work out better for you., plus its another annual bill you don't have to worry about

Post #615660 Mon Jul 12 2021 10:26am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Funny, RRSEB is youngish and confused, I suspect. And the top answers are coming from Oldandconfused. Laughing

Joking aside, what amazes me, really, is they are still asking for tracker on what is presumably a Ā£10k car. Whatā€™s Ā£10k between friends/thieves? Confused L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #615804 Thu Jul 15 2021 11:11pm
Oldandconfused

I would imagine that the insurance companies computer systems aren't selective enough to identify age/ value of cars (maybe deliberately). Or is it that despite the relatively low value of the L320 they are still being stolen for parts? I doubt we will ever know, unless someone on here works in the dark world of car insurance...

Post #615812 Fri Jul 16 2021 4:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1