Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Warranty advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Alshepuk

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Warranty advice

Evening all

Has anyone had experience of a used car warranty company and more importantly have made a claim.

Any recommendations on who is good or bad.

I have nice car lined up but the warranty they offer is useless.

As always thanking you in advance

Post #615111 Wed Jun 23 2021 9:47pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Try warranty direct, that’s who I’m with & they did cover the crank issue but have recently been bought over so you will have to check with them & get it confirmed in writing if I was you.

Malc

Post #615121 Thu Jun 24 2021 11:46am
Johnrrs

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver
Re: Warranty advice

Alshepuk wrote:
Evening all

Has anyone had experience of a used car warranty company and more importantly have made a claim.

Any recommendations on who is good or bad.

I have nice car lined up but the warranty they offer is useless.

As always thanking you in advance

I have just signed up for warranty direct. Not had a claim yet and hopefully won’t . There’s a long list of what’s covered and not covered on their site and it mentions crank shaft etc so hopefully covered.

Post #615127 Thu Jun 24 2021 5:15pm
Chips

England 

I've just taken out Land Rover extended warranty (car plan ) , as the car already has a new engine due to a crank snap they say they will cover a crank snap should it happen again as they say Land rover fit updated engine cranks which no longer means failure is a manufacturers default . Peace of mind for £80 a month I think is worth it given it cost £23k to repair last time ! MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #616653 Tue Aug 17 2021 4:53pm
jd2uk

United Kingdom 

That's good to know. What classes as an 'updated engine'? Mine is a 2018...

Post #616654 Tue Aug 17 2021 5:00pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

Chips wrote:
I've just taken out Land Rover extended warranty (car plan ) , as the car already has a new engine due to a crank snap they say they will cover a crank snap should it happen again as they say Land rover fit updated engine cranks which no longer means failure is a manufacturers default . Peace of mind for £80 a month I think is worth it given it cost £23k to repair last time !

Who is “they”, that’s the first time I have heard that on here, disco4 or any of the Facebook groups. You normally find it’s LR who cover the crank if you have the extended warranty, but it is goodwill.

Warranty direct now is a new company from around May of this year, as yet nobody has really said much about them, the old WD were about the best.

Motor easy and warrantywise get really bad reviews (I had a bad experience with WW) so take them at your own risk.

It’s hard to know who is best these days, I’m glad I have an old WD policy. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #616655 Tue Aug 17 2021 5:51pm
Chips

England 

'They' is the warranty company providing LR extended warranty , Car Plan I think but I could be wrong as the paper work hasn't come through yet . Their claims department phoned back after I queried as to whether it would cover the crank given it's a known manufacturers default and the above is what they came back with . They did say if for some reason LR hadn't fitted the updated crank in the new engine then LR would cover via goodwill due to you having extended warranty providing it has lr service etc .
I feel this is a safer way to go rather than chancing it with non LR branded warranty and then trying for goodwill should the 3rd party wiggle out of it .

The other option I almost went for was a new pre reg Velar with the new D300 engine , given the very high WBAC valuation we had it wouldn't have cost much to change giving me 3 years manufacturers warranty albeit in a smaller car MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #616656 Tue Aug 17 2021 6:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1