RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone Fitted the Auxiliary Belt Tensioner and a New Belt -
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

2 RRS

United Kingdom 

That's a bummer, fix one thing for another to crop up, that LR's for you!

Are all 4 corners low and at the same height or is it leaning?
Ideally you need the fault codes to point you in the right direction

Post #615423 Sat Jul 03 2021 9:05pm
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 

The rear dropped last night after a few hours and overnight the front has also dropped , all corners at the same very low height. I would say lower than normal access height Thumbs Up

Post #615427 Sun Jul 04 2021 9:52am
2 RRS

United Kingdom 

It'll be on it's bump stops (makes for an interesting drive) which is the default position if an there is an error in the suspension system. Can you hear the compressor running, did you put it all back ok after flipping it over to disconnect the battery?

Could be one of many things, corner height sensor, cross valves etc. What does the 4x4 info display show, are all wheels showing low or is one showing an incorrect level?

Ideally you need codes read to point you in the right direction.

Post #615439 Sun Jul 04 2021 4:59pm
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 

Hi , I just lifted the small piece of carpet and disconnected the earth but it was dropping before I swapped the alternator over Thumbs Up
Its going up into normal and 4x4 height and also drops into access mode .
I had it plugged into a Bosch KTS yesterday and one of the faults was offside rear height sensor .
Would this cause the problem I have ?
I opened the offside rear door last night and the car dropped onto the bump stops - strange Big Cry
Alternator must have been on the way out for ages as the car is now silent and the aircon work better Thumbs Up

Post #615468 Mon Jul 05 2021 9:47pm
2 RRS

United Kingdom 

A height sensor could cause it as the suspension will try to self level firstly across axles and then front to rear and if one corner is giving bad data then it'll just keep levelling down all the way with ultimately the front then dropping to match the rear in it's safety position (bump stops). Pop the wheel off and check the height sensor, pry the plastic bar off and make sure it moves freely and the bar isn't bent etc. Just be aware if you remove the height sensor from it's mount and re-install it will need to be calibrated as the tolerances are very tight.

Ideally you need live data from the sensor while moving it through it's full travel to make sure it's good. I would expect if the sensor is bad the 4x4 display would show flashing level bars above and below the wheel. As for opening the door and then the car dropped, that's probably because you 'woke' everything up as I think the suspension quits trying to self level after 4 hours so if you then liven the car up it will jump to where it thinks it should be.

I had very similar on my L320 Sport (broken wire to n/s/r height sensor) but my L494 has never suffered any suspension issues but I'm sure the systems on the 2 vehicles are very similar, so hopefully the above pointers will be relevant to yours.

Glad the Alternator is sorted, surprising how much better they sound without a dry bearing!

Post #615469 Mon Jul 05 2021 10:29pm
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 

The car dropped from standard height overnight right down, started tonight and put her up into standard height and the back comes up and then the front, then into off road height and the front pops up first and eventually the rear comes up ?
I have attached a pic of the screen but it looks fine to me ?

Post #615513 Tue Jul 06 2021 8:02pm
2 RRS

United Kingdom 

It definitely sounds like it's constantly levelling overnight due to a bad sensor. If you can, leave a door open as that will stop the suspension moving and then see what happens.

Good choice with the Pimento, love mine.

Post #615520 Tue Jul 06 2021 8:58pm
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 

Okay will try this at the weekend and see what happens .
So the code reader may be correct that its the rear height sensor .
Any idea why when putting into off road height the front goes up first and then the rear very slowly ?
Yes black with pimento trim - really goes well and not many in that combo Thumbs Up

Post #615524 Tue Jul 06 2021 11:12pm
2 RRS

United Kingdom 

I don't think the front/rear lifting one after another is a problem as mine does that to a degree. Ideally you need to get full digit codes to point you in the right direction, do you know what the exact codes were? Still worth looking at the height sensor as I said before.

Mines Pimento and Barossa, which is a kind of an Aubergine Pearl, very few around as they only did the colour for 6 months

Post #615538 Wed Jul 07 2021 9:03am
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 

OSR ride height sensor changed today and seems okay so far Thumbs Up

Post #616739 Sun Aug 22 2021 3:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12