RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Gloss black centre console / dash inserts?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Paynee

United Kingdom 
Gloss black centre console / dash inserts?

I’m going to be installing cooler box and inductive phone charger to my car but since it seems most of the centre console will need to come out I was looking to change the inserts for gloss black ones. Had a look and can’t find anyone supplying these, are these LR only parts? If so anyone know p/no’s and approximate prices. Or anyone else supplying them. Want the full things rather than stick on covers that I have seen.

Thanks.

Post #615373 Fri Jul 02 2021 10:36am
pjbracer1

England 

If you can take out the insterts and leave them out you might fins that getting them wrapped is another option as you could go Carbon fibre, piano or what everyou like. Ive got the engine turned trim in mine which I still thinks looks good, I luv the piano black but its a bitch to keep clean from finger prints, dust and scratches.

Carbon does look pretty good if maybe a little bling but if you were to get it wrapped you could choose a darker style carbon I guess also wrapping could be done on all the other trim and might not even need to be removed, they are pretty good at it.

http://new.lrcat.com/#!/12133/147042/148184/12057 here is a starting tip

Also this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294140432587?ha...SwGSpgg8lV

Might be worth a look and getting it wrapped or re-finished and then you got the lot, might polish up ok if you are patient, if you use G4 cutting compound and then Meguiars Polish then their ceramic wax over the top it will come up liek new, I did the door pillars on mine with the polish to get rid of the fine scratched that apear over time and then the wax to coat them up and they look like new and the saticfaction of standing back and deserving a beer after!

If going down the wrapping route just buy the cheapest trim set you can get hold of and then get it wrapped so your original one is either to keep or sell on.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R4...p;_sacat=0

If you look at some of the pictures you can find part numbers off the back that might help you track down the Piano Black ones could also ask brit part but they will be expensive.

Good luck and let us see the before and after shots If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #615640 Sun Jul 11 2021 1:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1