Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Potential new owner 2014 -2015
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Alshepuk

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Potential new owner 2014 -2015

Hi all

I have just started looking at RR Sport.

I assume like the Disco4 they will need cambelts done at 7years.

Our budget will only allow us to purchase a standard HSE or HSE Dynamic.

Is there much of a difference in the spec? I cannot find a brochure online that shows the difference.

Is the off road capability the same on both cars?

Is there anything I should consider?

Any advice on the above would be really appreciated.

Thanks all

Post #614794 Tue Jun 15 2021 10:53pm
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Hi and welcome.
A bit more information might be helpful; budget, year, engine, max miles etc you are aiming for.
Cambelt for the V6 diesel is 7yrs or 105k miles (112k for the 3.0?), rear, HPFP, belt on the 3.0 is timed. V8 diesel is a chain so no belt to change.
When I was looking for my facelift L320, I specifically didn't want a DPF which restricted the pool of available cars, but I was fairly relaxed regarding trim level. I think you need to decide exactly what you need toys-wise, for example my HSE has 360 cameras which I never use, same as the sunroof (in actual fact my preference would have been without the sunroof).
All the L320's had transfer box's, but some were fitted with a locking rear diff, and I think some later L494's had the transfer box as an option. Again, it depends on how far off-road you intend to go, put appropriate tyres on these things and you would be surprised how capable they are.

Post #614806 Wed Jun 16 2021 9:23am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Standard HSE in that year range will have no low range in the transfer box so it's going to be slightly less able off road. The centre diff is a torsen type and the drive is set up to be 42% front / 58% rear but can go 20% either way depending on traction.

The HSE Dynamic has two speed transfer box giving high and low range. Drive is 50% front and rear, the centre diff is locked with a multi-plate clutch. It's the same system as in the Disco 4, being a DD295 box from Manga Steyr.

I believe the HSE Dynamic also got the active/locking rear diff on the L494 in that year range. If so, that will increase off road ability further too. Standard HSE will not have the locking rear diff.

A L494 HSE Dynamic will be excellent off road - better than a Disco 4 - especially on some half decent tyres. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #614822 Wed Jun 16 2021 4:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1