RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Infotainment screen issues since update to S21A_2110.6-67661
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DZ

United Kingdom 
Infotainment screen issues since update to S21A_2110.6-67661

Hello all,

I've got a MY17 RRS AB and the infotainment system was updated to S21A_2110.6-676616 last week. Since the update I've had the following issues:

1. On starting the car the infotainment screen is extremely slow to load - it can take upto 3 minutes for it to fully sort itself out and all functions to be available
2. When the screen is still blank and I reverse the car, the reverse camera image is not displayed. On several occassions, I've moved off forward and then out of the blue the reverse camera image is displayed.
3. Inferior sound quality when playing music through spotify (bluetooth connection from phone). Sounds like the ticking of a metronome through the music. DAB radio sound and reception seems unaffected.

Another issue which I think is probably not related to the update is that every now and again upon starting the car I get the message that rear cross traffic alert is not working. The parking sensors in the rear bumper seem to work fine. This is an intermittent issue.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues following the update to S21A_2110.6-676616 and what can be done about it?

Thanks!

Dan MY17 RRS Autobiography - Corris Grey

Post #614323 Fri Jun 04 2021 5:40pm
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

I have a 2017 svr with the full 10 inch screen.

I'm guessing yours is the same and not the earlier one with the buttons down both side ?

I did the update last Friday and have had no issues at all. It might take 30 seconds for the screen to load but that the same as it's always been. Reverse camera comes on straight away. Most of the time I notice no difference between before and after the update ! 2017 SVR. SVO Scafell grey Ebony interior
2012 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography santorini black with ebony/cirrus interior. Gone

Post #614333 Fri Jun 04 2021 10:28pm
DZ

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Yes, I also have the full 10" screen with the buttons along the bottom.

Pre-update my screen also loaded consistently within 20-30 seconds but now it consistently takes much longer.

If it doesn't improve over the next few days I'll give my local LR Service Centre a call.

Cheers!

Post #614338 Sat Jun 05 2021 12:13am
garyparson

United Kingdom 

Did you find a solution to this. Mine has just started to do this but not all the time. I've had no updates since December though so it's not that. Really annoying though.

Post #623392 Tue Apr 05 2022 5:01pm
DZ

United Kingdom 

Hi Gary,
I've responded to your PM ref this problem but for completeness I'll reiterate here as well.
Whilst the car was in for a service at LR I asked them to check the software version installed. Turns out the OTA update did not complete 100% and this caused the screen to work with a delay (intermittently). The technician re-installed the latest updated software version and the screen has been absolutely fine ever since.
My suggestion would be to ask your LR dealer to install the most up to date software version for you.
Hope this helps.
Best,

Post #623706 Wed Apr 20 2022 12:15am
garyparson

United Kingdom 

i'll get them to look at it when it's in next

Post #624428 Sun May 22 2022 12:17pm
Sir_Les

England 

Infotainment system seems to have a different glitch every month or so at least. Usually with media, very glitchy indeed. Its also very slow at times.
I always keep it updated, does anyone else have similar issues?

Post #624857 Sat Jun 18 2022 1:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1