RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Why Order A Car This Year When New One Is Out Next Year ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Why Order A Car This Year When New One Is Out Next Year ?

Hello All

I am currently in the process of ordering a new range rover sport but am having doubts ordering now and thinking of maybe waiting till next year when the new range rover sport will be out.

Are there any members out there who have already placed and order this year or are planning on ordering this year rather than waiti till next year and if so what was your reason for doing so ?

Would like your thoughts on the matter to help me make a final decision because I do love the look the current car but am a bit concerned it may look dated when the new car comes out next year/year after.

Thanks to all those who reply !

Post #612969 Sun Apr 25 2021 12:40pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

It's my understanding that it will be late 2022 before we even see test mules and late 2023 before deliveries start. It was originally planned for deliveries in 2022, but covid has pushed everything back at least 12 months.

The new RRS3 will be at least 12-18 months behind the FF, and we haven't even seen that yet.

So i ploughed ahead and ordered a new one.

Plus, as per usual, i'd rather wait till the "new" generation car is 6 months old anyway.... iron out any of the kinks! Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #612971 Sun Apr 25 2021 1:03pm
Marv11

United Kingdom 
Re: Why Order A Car This Year When New One Is Out Next Year

rrsfan wrote:
Hello All

I am currently in the process of ordering a new range rover sport but am having doubts ordering now and thinking of maybe waiting till next year when the new range rover sport will be out.

Are there any members out there who have already placed and order this year or are planning on ordering this year rather than waiti till next year and if so what was your reason for doing so ?

Would like your thoughts on the matter to help me make a final decision because I do love the look the current car but am a bit concerned it may look dated when the new car comes out next year/year after.

Thanks to all those who reply !

I too thought long and hard about this as I really did not want the current tech/screen and read the pivi pro was a lot better. However, talking to my dealer and reading a lot on line, the RR will be out first and we only just started to see pictures of that in camo.

My current car was due for change lease June this year, so in the end I had no choice. Despite me moving from BMW 5 series to the RRS (as a treat to myself) I cant stop looking at the Audi Q8 as the tech is soo much better and than despite having the RRS on order!

However, the RRS is a very nice car inside and I love the look outside, so in the end told myself I could I could just put Apple car play on the screen instead!

Post #612972 Sun Apr 25 2021 2:47pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Marv... I have a 2020 Defender and the Pivi Pro is ok, but in reality it’s not much better than the Duo on a day to day basis.

So it makes sense to plough ahead, I also tend to buy an SVR at the same time, so god knows how long it will be before the RRS3 version! Big Cry

As for the Q8, it’s a decent car, but utterly boring an devoid of any personality. I had an RSQ8 and got rid after 6 months, so you made the right decision! I can’t think of much tech that wasn’t available in the RRS though? Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #612974 Sun Apr 25 2021 2:53pm
Eagle77

England 

Have one on order too. Things to consider for me include:
- do I really want one of the first RRS3 off the production line given LR’s previous with teething issues in new models - hope the current batch are likely to be the most reliable of this generation
- can get reasonable new discounts on the current model - won’t be any on the new ones for a while i suspect
- new inline 6 engines are likely to be carried forward to the new model anyway
- I use Apple CarPlay anyway so not that bothered on the new interface
- I really like the current car and cannot wait up 18 months or so before the new one is out MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #612975 Sun Apr 25 2021 3:13pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

My current lease is up in December and I plan to go for another RRS, albeit the PHEV this time. I too would have liked a new model but (a) the timings don’t work for me and (b) I know two people who have had First Edition LR products (an original Evoque and the current Discovery) and they each had never-ending problems and vowed never to do it again. Whilst LRs aren’t that reliable or well-built at the best of times, I think they’ll be worse on a new model therefore plan to let others do the final beta testing of the RRS Mk3

Post #612993 Mon Apr 26 2021 10:31am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Guys I'd expect both of them out a lot sooner than what you're all thinking . . .

I'd say the fullsize is out end of this year start of next year and the sport will follow middle of next year.

If you read the motoring websites they were both due to come out this year, thats why both the MY22 cars for RR and RRS have absolutely no changes at all - they are just holding until the new cars come out.

Thats my take anyway could be completely wrong.

(This is for UK market though not sure about other countries)

Also with that being said, I wouldn't be the first person to buy an all new JLR model car, I'd wait at least through the first model year to let the prices drop to normal and more importantly let them iron all the issues out as we seem to test all their features for them! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #613008 Mon Apr 26 2021 6:35pm
harisson

Switzerland 

hello all

@rrsfan: I fully agree with Eagle77's statement.
I had a MY16 RRS AB SDV6 and sold it last September. I switched to Volvo and in February I read that LR is implementing the new I6D (Ingenium 6 Diesel) into the facelift L494, I wanted to drive one. Had the opportunity to test a D300 and I was extremly exited.

I decided then to order a new HST I6D with the knowledge that in a few months the new is coming.
a similar situation I had in 2010. I bought a BMW 530d E60. One year later the F10 was released. In my personal opinion: I prefer more the last relesae of the car, then the first of a new one. I know, that the last release has no issues and often new technique installed (like the new Ingenium inline-six Diesels).

I am more than happy with my decision and can't wait July to get the beauty Smile

cheers
Harisson Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #613041 Tue Apr 27 2021 6:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1