RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS P400e HSE Dynamic Black Order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rocketbee

RRS P400e HSE Dynamic Black Order

Hi All,

I've wanted to get your thoughts on my leasing deal for the below specification and terms.

Also, is it worth waiting for the expected update/re-design to the RRS where it's rumoured the exterior and interior will undergo a fair bit of change?

Thanks!

Vehicle:
"RANGE ROVER SPORT HSE DYNAMIC BLACK 2.0 P400E PLUG-IN HYBRID ELECTRIC PETROL (404 PS) AUTO - 2022"

Options:
* Adaptive Cruise Control
* Solar attenuating windscreen
* Auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors with memory and approach lights (Auto-dimming driver side)
* Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
* Front centre console refrigerator compartment
* Cabin Air Ionisation with PM2.5 filter

Terms:
Deposit: 12 months upfront (£8520)
Mileage: 8000 miles
Term: 36 months
Maintenance: Yes

Price: £710 per month

Post #612677 Thu Apr 15 2021 8:37pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Rocket,

Have a look at contractcars.com, basic car is £550 per month + vat, 10k per year miles on 9 + 36 months non maintained contract. I’ve ordered from here, only extras I’ve taken are sliding roof & years 2&3 tracker subs as my insurance requires it.

Does your price include vat?

Malc

Post #612680 Thu Apr 15 2021 9:30pm
rocketbee

Yeah the price includes VAT. I'll give contractors.com a call and see what's the best they can do.

Post #612681 Thu Apr 15 2021 10:16pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

my advice would be take your best quote down to your local LR, that's what i did they matched the price and saved me the leasing "admin" charge. plus it allowed me to get an earlier build slot.  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #612684 Fri Apr 16 2021 8:17am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I would suggest adding the Convenience Pack for the soft door close. Or just spec soft close for £480 by itself, adds a sense of luxury and convenience every day.

Adaptive cruise is £1600. Driver assist pack is £2500 more but you get some very useful features like the cameras, rear exit monitor, blind spot stuff etc. Otherwise, go for Drive Pro pack, at about £500 more than adaptive cruise option you get some great safety stuff bundled. Blind Spot Assist saved me a potential crash driving in the Netherlands last year - scary, and embarrassing, but true.

4 zone climate introduces not just the 4 zones, but a more sophisticated climate experience. A bit of a luxury, so not essential, but worth it.

HUD is a great convince. I’d rather HUD than adaptive cruise, I use it every trip, but I rarely use adaptive cruise despite having the self steering option on mine. Nice to have, sure, but the HUD is all the time.

Twin blade sun visors are not needed often, but are useful for £60. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #612701 Fri Apr 16 2021 7:53pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Ilard,

Are you a LR salesman? Only another £150.00 per month sir, oh, and no the GFV doesn't increase.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #612708 Fri Apr 16 2021 9:28pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

All,

Just a quick note, this is a lease/personal contract hire deal not a pcp as I understand it from the op, I’m going this way as even with a 15% discount at the front end, with the interest & road tax etc on a pcp it’s saving me around £10k over the 3 years, key is though don’t load it with extras as you pay their full cost over your hire period.

Malc

Post #612709 Fri Apr 16 2021 9:37pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter

Not a LR employee, just someone who a). Appreciates the finer things in life, and b). Is highly accomplished at spending other people’s money!

Life’s too short to live without a HUD and soft close doors, let’s be practical here. Shocked L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #612710 Fri Apr 16 2021 9:39pm
rocketbee

ilard wrote:
I would suggest adding the Convenience Pack for the soft door close. Or just spec soft close for £480 by itself, adds a sense of luxury and convenience every day.

Adaptive cruise is £1600. Driver assist pack is £2500 more but you get some very useful features like the cameras, rear exit monitor, blind spot stuff etc. Otherwise, go for Drive Pro pack, at about £500 more than adaptive cruise option you get some great safety stuff bundled. Blind Spot Assist saved me a potential crash driving in the Netherlands last year - scary, and embarrassing, but true.

4 zone climate introduces not just the 4 zones, but a more sophisticated climate experience. A bit of a luxury, so not essential, but worth it.

HUD is a great convince. I’d rather HUD than adaptive cruise, I use it every trip, but I rarely use adaptive cruise despite having the self steering option on mine. Nice to have, sure, but the HUD is all the time.

Twin blade sun visors are not needed often, but are useful for £60.

I would encourage anyone reading this to really think about what they will be using the vehicle for as well as how they will be using it.

That should dictate the type of engine and options you go for. It's very easy to get carried away with adding options and considerably increasing the cost of your vehicle. I know I did at the beginning and I was adding all sorts of options, until I thought about my usage of the vehicle.

I appreciate the input @ilard, I guess your post just highlights the subjectiveness of some of the options and my point above. Different people will place a varying significance on certain options.

Post #612749 Sun Apr 18 2021 2:23am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Did you try contractcars?

Post #612756 Sun Apr 18 2021 10:48am
rocketbee

Yeah called them this week.

They work out much more expensive.

They have a £500+VAT "admin" fee for starters. And their price for maintenance is £16 more per month.

Shame though, as the price of the vehicle and options per month was the same as what the dealer quoted me.

Post #612758 Sun Apr 18 2021 11:35am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Just shows you, I tried a few dealers for private contract hire & they were all a lot more expensive? You must have hit yours at a sweet spot moment!

As long as your happy with your deal that’s all that matters, good luck.

Malc

Post #612760 Sun Apr 18 2021 1:46pm
rocketbee

So the great thing is that up until I take delivery of the vehicle, I am completely within my rights to cancel my order and receive a full refund of my £250 deposit.

Of course, I don't plan to unless I come across a stonking deal in that time. I've spoken with quite a few of the big leasing companies and it's the admin fee that is a deal breaker as it adds on at least £10 per month.

My dealership will trailer deliver the vehicle with a full tank. So that's a nice gesture.

I've still got time to edit my vehicle but to my surprise YouTube isn't that great for finding out more about some of the optional extras like configurable ambient lighting. I guess I will have to pop down to my dealership to test drive and have a look around the vehicles.

Post #612767 Sun Apr 18 2021 9:29pm
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

I 'bought' a P400e on a 4 year lease a few months ago. In the end, I included a small number of options including a heated steering wheel (excellent) and sun shades for the rear windows (I thought that they would retract into the rear doors, but they don't - pointless). I also included full maintenance because I didn't think that I could do it cheaper, even if nothing went wrong.

I'm very happy with the car except for the unintelligible touchscreen which is the antithesis of an iPhone.

Post #612769 Sun Apr 18 2021 10:29pm
rocketbee

Rusty Ranger wrote:
I 'bought' a P400e on a 4 year lease a few months ago. In the end, I included a small number of options including a heated steering wheel (excellent) and sun shades for the rear windows (I thought that they would retract into the rear doors, but they don't - pointless). I also included full maintenance because I didn't think that I could do it cheaper, even if nothing went wrong.

I'm very happy with the car except for the unintelligible touchscreen which is the antithesis of an iPhone.

The infotainment system is based on BlackBerry OS. That explains a lot and I'll just leave it there!

How are you finding the vehicle overall? What's the average MPG you're getting? Also, is the power drop-off considerable/noticeable once the battery is depleted?

Post #612777 Mon Apr 19 2021 12:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1