RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > HSE from Main Dealer - Advice Please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Jaws

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black
HSE from Main Dealer - Advice Please!

Hi All!

Going to look at a 2014 HSE tomorrow at Main Dealer.

Car has 75,000 miles and it has a fantastic history having been service yearly and within requirements. All services at main dealer apart from one in 2018 but it has been updated in Topix so not too concerned. It also appears to be a fairly local car and sold by the dealership before 3 years ago.

The car will also come with 12 month warranty and assistance which is at least something to help me sleep at night!

Anyway, my question really is will I miss the extra spec of a HSE Dynamic or Autobiography?

I have asked to look at a 2015 AB with slightly lower miles but it's over £8000 more. I'm not quite sure if it justifies it or not? It does however seem to have the 306bhp engine rather than the 295bhp one in the older motor.

Anyone, history and condition wise I expect the car will be as good as I can find, I just don't want to feel like I'm missing something major not going for Dynamic or anything higher. I guess HSE and HSE Dynamic are mostly similar interior wise?

Thanks!

Post #612437 Fri Apr 09 2021 9:30pm
Johnrrs

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver

I have a 2015 AB and there are lots of goodies standard rather than HSE spec but £8k a lot of cash extra to pay for toys you will hardly use. Not too sure but the 306 BHP could be less tax a year and be euro 6 emissions. Are there any extras fitted to the HSE?

Post #612441 Fri Apr 09 2021 10:29pm
Laurie100uk

United Kingdom 

What do you actually get extra on an autobiography that you can't spec on an HSE?

Post #612442 Fri Apr 09 2021 10:31pm
Jaws

So it doesn’t have a panoramic roof or heated wheel which are probably the only 2 options I’d be looking for. I don’t know if I’d miss the dynamic mode, especially if I haven’t had it before and have no plans to go off-road. I believe options wise it has Meridian surround, electric tow bar... I’m not sure what’s an option and what’s not but here is a copy of the advert! Hoping to buy tomorrow.

Post #612446 Fri Apr 09 2021 10:37pm
Jaws

Here is a link to the car... just done a VCheck and looks good.

https://www.rogeryoung.co.uk/used-car-deta...003099023/

Post #612447 Fri Apr 09 2021 10:40pm
Jaws

Aaaand this is the AB. It is EURO 6, not sure if you guys thing it’ll hold money better but ULEZ doesn’t make too much difference to me down in the South West!

Last edited by Jaws on Sat Apr 10 2021 2:15pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #612448 Fri Apr 09 2021 10:43pm
Eagle77

England 

Quick look on autotrader suggests there is plenty of choice and you should be able to get better spec and lower mileage cars for around £30k. There are some 2017 models with the newer satnav etc which would be where I would look for less than the 2015 AB... MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #612450 Fri Apr 09 2021 11:19pm
Jaws

Deal done on a lovely Autobiography today!

Post #612466 Sat Apr 10 2021 2:17pm
Cornishman

United Kingdom 

Congratulations, we need more members on this site from the Devon Cornwall border. Hope it’s everything you wanted it to be. Have my 2016 HSE SDV6 coming up for 4 years now still enjoying it. The dealership you bought yours from do all my servicing , not cheap but no complaints.

Post #612477 Sat Apr 10 2021 6:02pm
Jaws

Thank you!

To be honest their service has been fantastic. Completely laid back but still very responsive to emails. Handed me the keys and left me to it, no pressure, no unecessary phone calls or bullsh*t trying to tell you what you want to hear. I hope the handover goes just as smoothly. They are 10-15 minutes from me so I hope to build a good relationship going forward, we all know these cars are not the cheapest to run or maintain but I'm sure it will help to have a good relationship with the dealer should anything go wrong.

On a different note, I spent the last two days in conversation with 'Sytner Select' totally different experience, wouldn't email even when I said I could talk over the phone, called me 7 times even after saying to email. 'Manager' then emailed me with absolutely no idea what I had talked about with the previous salesman and more interested in Autoglym lifeshine and Gap insurance than anything else! Anyway... suffice to say I had great pleasure telling them I was no longer interested due to their tactics!

So far so good with Roger Young, let's hope it's the same come collection!

Post #612478 Sat Apr 10 2021 6:56pm
Johnrrs

Jaws wrote:
Deal done on a lovely Autobiography today!

Looks great. Mines a 2015 AB and I’ve had it for 4 years. I have never had a car so long and have no plans on changing anytime soon as I like it that much. It has also been ultra reliable in that time too. I think you have made the right choice with the AB over the HSE. Is the car a 2016MY?

Post #612480 Sat Apr 10 2021 7:42pm
Johnrrs

It must be if it’s Euro 6 engine. It should also have the gesture tailgate opening too.

Post #612481 Sat Apr 10 2021 7:50pm
Jaws

Honestly I have no idea! All I know is it should everything I need and more! From what I understand it is a MY16 car with the new engine and Euro 6. The gesture tailgate would be great. The ad says "Hands-free powered electrical tailgate" so fingers crossed, that would be awesome!

Post #612484 Sat Apr 10 2021 8:48pm
Johnrrs

Yep that’ll be it then. There are a few more changes for the 2016MY too. The seat heating controls are the new type where you press the temp button to set them. I think before you had to go into climate menu, you will have auto access mode where the car will lower itself when you park up, before you had to press a button to lower the car, you will also have in control apps where you can access things for the car via an app on your phone . There may be even more changes from 2015MY to 2016MY but I’m not too sure what they are. It’ll be on this forum somewhere. Ask for a build sheet for the car from the dealer you are getting the car from and you will have a detailed list of everything in the car including extras fitted. If you have the vin number of your car there is a forum member called peachy who can get you the original build sheet from the topix web site. I was lucky when I got my car because I bought it with not much research into model years but it was the 2016MY luckily for me.

Post #612490 Sat Apr 10 2021 9:31pm
Jaws

Not sure if it’s 2016MY or not as I press the heated seat button and it comes up on the screen, maybe it’s just because the air con was off. I guess I will find out more when I get the car. Then again if it has the other options I guess it should be a full 2016MY!

Post #612492 Sat Apr 10 2021 9:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>