RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Anyone had a remap done on the SDV6?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Ash3

United Kingdom 

Thanks Aguiness...

Yes, there are plenty companies that can chemically clean dpf.

Was wondering if that had any impact on reducing the number of dpf regen cycles and thereby reduce the frequency of oil changes/early service inducatoe.

Post #612014 Sat Mar 27 2021 11:01pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The best way to keep the DPF happy and avoid early oil changes etc., is to drive the vehicle for more than a few miles at a time. These things don't like lots of short journeys and it's worth remembering that the V6 diesels engines are quite old in design with just emissions bits added on over time. So drive it for an hour so that it gets hot, everything gets a chance to do its thing, the DPF stays clear etc. If you live in a city centre and only do city driving, you've bought the wrong vehicle I'm afraid. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #612018 Sun Mar 28 2021 11:41am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Well aware ofvthat RRSTDV8 mate..

Even the question is one of dpf regen frequencies. If the dpf capacity is such that it requires regen every 250-300 miles, then that with my driving should equate to once every 2 weeks not once every 2 days.

If dpf is full of ash deposits it reduces capacity for soot and also will affect air flow and back pressure...the pressure sensors then probably think dpf is full because ash deposit build up has accumulated over the years as ash does not get burned off...it is by product of soot burn...

Therefore logic would dictate if dpf has ash deposits accumulated then it would demand more frequent regens.

The qustion was ,,has anyone had dpf flash cleaned and have they noticed improvements in service interval length .. as one would assume dpf is now at full capacity and takes longer to fill up with soot and therefore less regen frequencies = less oil dilution.

Post #612021 Sun Mar 28 2021 12:48pm
Paynee

United Kingdom 

Cowboy wrote:
mines passed twice and yes it will put out a bit of black smoke when you boot it also the exhaust is a lot louder you can hear it whistling when the turbo spins up and when the flap opens Very Happy

Interested to hear what it sounds like with the DPF removed, any way you can upload/send me a video or something? This is something I am interested in doing, just picked our new to us L494 up on Monday and I have crank anxiety! Anything I can do to mitigate it going wrong, added power is a bonus.

Handily Durham remaps are local to me, did you travel to them especially as I see your in Norfolk?

Post #614200 Wed Jun 02 2021 7:14am
Cowboy

United Kingdom 

yes I did long day!

Post #614675 Fri Jun 11 2021 2:48pm
pjbracer1

England 

Considered a rempa at DMS Southampton as they are down the road but after having the engine blow and speaking with the guys there even though i didnt get goodwill this time they said any chance of getting a deal would be out of the windows or any support from LR or any other warranty company is unlikely as its modifed!

I know some of the later oen can have the map original map reapplied should there be a prblem but that fine as long as you can do that before it gets looked at.

Also you would have to tell the nsurance as its mod and if you didnt and had a prang that wasnt a liitle car pak ding that required big money you can bet they will have an assessor to check this to avoid paying out or heaven forbid it was a person you would be facing legal! I know thats obviiuos but lots still dont tell the insurers when altered. Like a DPF or EGR removal fine I guess but the DVLA would need to know as the car is nolonger Euro 5/6 spec so would be taxed higher and suffer the emissions charges that I can see popping up all over.

It might be that the insurer is fine with it but the DLVA will need to know and then there is resale value.

It's a great idea if all above board, but should there be any problems with the engine or gearbox most warranty companies would reject it saying its been modded away from its intended spec so wont pay, not sure hwo they would no in certain occasions but if they can get out of it they will.

Fitting a dashcam actually lowered my insurance by £65 so it would be interesting to see how much remapping would cost extra.

If you dont mind paying out for a new engine if it were to blow 3.0SDV6 mainly then I'd go for it and save money on the warranty cost each year frst year would pay for the remap and the subsequnet years go into an engine fund pot just incase!

I'm bittered by the whole engine failure crankshaft issue but the hassle and costs Id just be wary of a quick mod that coudl end up costing alot more should something happen If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #614948 Sun Jun 20 2021 10:44am
Chris Isaac

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Firenze Red
Remap at Celtic Tuning

I have had many cars remapped by Celtic Tuning at Newquay.
BMW 530
BMW 535
BMW X5
Freelander 2
RR Evoque
and recently my RR Sport.

I have nothing but good thoughts about the results.
My RRS has been upped to 330 BHP
Performance is now like a V8
Consumption is about 10% better

The cost was £250 and the process took about an hour.

Post #619167 Mon Nov 15 2021 9:29am
Terras14

pjbracer1 wrote:
Considered a rempa at DMS Southampton as they are down the road but after having the engine blow and speaking with the guys there even though i didnt get goodwill this time they said any chance of getting a deal would be out of the windows or any support from LR or any other warranty company is unlikely as its modifed!

I know some of the later oen can have the map original map reapplied should there be a prblem but that fine as long as you can do that before it gets looked at.

Also you would have to tell the nsurance as its mod and if you didnt and had a prang that wasnt a liitle car pak ding that required big money you can bet they will have an assessor to check this to avoid paying out or heaven forbid it was a person you would be facing legal! I know thats obviiuos but lots still dont tell the insurers when altered. Like a DPF or EGR removal fine I guess but the DVLA would need to know as the car is nolonger Euro 5/6 spec so would be taxed higher and suffer the emissions charges that I can see popping up all over.

It might be that the insurer is fine with it but the DLVA will need to know and then there is resale value.

It's a great idea if all above board, but should there be any problems with the engine or gearbox most warranty companies would reject it saying its been modded away from its intended spec so wont pay, not sure hwo they would no in certain occasions but if they can get out of it they will.

Fitting a dashcam actually lowered my insurance by £65 so it would be interesting to see how much remapping would cost extra.

If you dont mind paying out for a new engine if it were to blow 3.0SDV6 mainly then I'd go for it and save money on the warranty cost each year frst year would pay for the remap and the subsequnet years go into an engine fund pot just incase!

I'm bittered by the whole engine failure crankshaft issue but the hassle and costs Id just be wary of a quick mod that coudl end up costing alot more should something happen

I agree totally. The sdv6 has decent power already and with the unknown crankshaft issue, unless one is prepare to get a new engine, otherwise wait for next car to mod will be my choice.

Post #619635 Tue Nov 30 2021 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12