RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Bad News
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SC247

United Kingdom 
Bad News

Well bad news today I pulled the Rangie 3ltr Diesel SDV6 off drive today to see a pool of oil so stripped the arch liner out removed belly pan sprayed engine cleaner everywhere then jet washed trace the leak to right hand side of the engine looks above the turbo but cannot see any further I was using an endoscope but it got caught somewhere struggled for an hour to free it but had to cut it in the end.
Anyone had a similar leak I have found various topix alerts none point to turbo most say cam cover gasket or turbo oil pipe anyone stripped the engine to carry out this work and how difficult is it.

It gets worse I opened the drivers window but It would not close It just goes up 2-3 mm at a time when operating the switch and strangely It does the same for both rear windows but the passenger works fine.

Post #611089 Sun Mar 07 2021 9:29am
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I can't help with the oil leak, but it seems strange that 3 windows all developed the same fault at the same time. I'd try disconnecting the battery and shorting the two battery leads together (definitely NOT shorting the battery terminals you understand) to reset things. Then you may need to reset the single close close but got to be worth a try... Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #611092 Sun Mar 07 2021 10:23am
pjbracer1

England 

Sorry to hear that mate keep us posted if you do find anything might be worth slipping a £5 to a local garage with a ramp and see if you can get under it to have a proper look maybe.

It not a shaft seal or has it been serviced recently?

With the Windows I'd go with Eaters suggestion but perhaps before that maye just give the battery a good charge.

Did a quick look and hope its not this mate but looks like it could be a diy job if you have the patience that is

might help you try and focus where to look maybe

Also found this https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/nasty-oil-l...78427.html

Good luck mate If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #611096 Sun Mar 07 2021 12:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1