RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > ACE anti roll bar bushes - do-able or not?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Scoobyman2000

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
ACE anti roll bar bushes - do-able or not?!

Hi everyone
I have what seems to be a common knock when going over bumps or pot holes etc. Today I took the front wheels off to renew the disks and pads so took the time to check all the front bushes and as I thought the ACE anti roll bar bushes are worn out (I can move the ARB up and down in the rubber)

I have changed the drop links - again while I had the wheels of, and with a knock it was a no brainier to change them, and I also got a set of poly bushes to fit to the ACR ARB, but.....the access to the furthest back/ rear bolt is almost impossible I got the other two out!) ! The tech manual mentioned a special C-shaped tool to get to them?

Is this possible to do these at home with normal tools? (I am a marine mechanic!) does anyone have any advice and suggestions?

I have searched the forum and can only find guides to the doing the bushes on a standard ARB.

Or do I bite the bullet and pay any Indi to do it? If so how much are they likely to charge?

Thanks in advance....from one very bruised and knuckle scraped Supercharged RRS owner 😢

[/b]

Post #610819 Mon Mar 01 2021 12:19am
iforland

United Kingdom 

yes this is something you can do yourself...however its very tight to get at the bolts, there is a special spanner that is supposed to make it easier, also I think that there is an upgrade/change to the actual mounting brackets.

Special spanner:

https://www.dingocroft.co.uk/acatalog/Wren...4_703.html

I did not use the special spanner, I used a socket that I ground flats onto, took a while but it worked.

Post #610835 Mon Mar 01 2021 1:28pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Funnily enough bought a pair of the special tools from dingocraft, they are quite different in the throat size so not sure you could get away with just the one. Were going to do bushes when did lower front arms, but no real wear in them so left for another day. My intention was do the bushes and sell the tools on to recoup some of the cost, but as usual just gathering dust in the garage, but guess they not eating or drinking anything. Laughing

Cheers
Col

Post #610870 Tue Mar 02 2021 7:45am
Scoobyman2000

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Thanks Chaps

The off side looks reasonably doable, but the near side not so! I had it up on stands while doing the front disks and pads and I changed the drop links too - I quickly realised that the big old lump preached on Jack stands is not something I fancy working under, struggling and trying to get the prop off and get those back bolts out!

An indi Garage has said about 1-2 hours labour (£55 per hour!) so for that.... I’m not even going to chance it!!

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Post #610926 Wed Mar 03 2021 9:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1