RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > In-Control handover to new owner??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wokkaman

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Zermatt Silver
In-Control handover to new owner??

Does anyone know how you handover the in-control to a new owner when you sell your car?? - As I have 2 on there I can't just assign a new user... cheers GONE** RRS 3.0SC Silver fully loaded Smile - 2020 110 loving it
BMW R1200GSA Rallye
GONE** Fiesta ST2 - Mrs Wokka's - AMG35 now
GONE**BMW K1600GTLE Matt Blue
GONE**Disco 4 2014 Firenze Red
GONE**Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe
GONE**RRS 5.0 SC
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8
GONE**RRS HSE TDV8 (The Crap one)
GONE**FL Facelift
GONE**FL 1
GONE**D1
GONE**BMW R1200GS Adventure
GONE: Kawasaki ZX10R
GONE: Focus ST2
** Chinook CH47 - 2 x T55 engines 3,750 hp each!! 183mph, 2xM134 Miniguns, 1xM60

Post #610217 Fri Feb 19 2021 11:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PEACHY

England 

My very recent experience is that you delete the vehicle from your account. You will get the emails stating it has been removed. The new owner applies for a new account & its free to start with Rolling with laughter .
When the new owner registers they need to be by the Sport. If they open the left button on the overhead light area ( think it’s the one with a spanner symbol on ) & press the button if I remember rightly it flashes quick & then slowly you can then close the button & leave the RRS. This is usually something the dealership would do. It can take up to 72 hrs to change the vehicle over to the new owner.
Any issues the below email address is fast & reliable. Currently there is no one answering the customer services number but I had a call within 4 hrs of sending the first email.

lradvice@jaguarlandrover.com 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #610244 Fri Feb 19 2021 7:27pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

As easy as that? I thought that you had to stand on one leg and whistle the National Anthem at one point in the process.

Post #610256 Fri Feb 19 2021 10:33pm
PEACHY

England 

Rusty - I tried that first but it didn’t work Laughing Laughing 16MY Estoril Blue SVR.............
17MY Autobiography Dynamic - Corris Grey - WOW.
14MY Autobiography Dynamic - SDV6 - Fuji White Smile
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Santorini Black - Dual View - Rear Entertainment - Sunroof.
12MY Autobiography - SDV6 - Orkney Grey - awesome ;(
2005 Java Black - 4.2 V8 Supercharged First Edition- will never be forgotten ;(

Post #610258 Fri Feb 19 2021 10:49pm
bmszabo

Netherlands 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

I did this last year (bought a second hand RRS 2015 from Germany, from a car dealer, previous owner unknown), local dealership did closing down the old in-control and setting up a new account for me, within 1 hour. Had to show (logic, I think) the car, papers, proof of buying the car). I suggest to go to a LR dealer to let it do.

Post #610270 Sat Feb 20 2021 8:38am
Jjvd21

United States 

I tried adding my new RRS to my existing InControl account but the previous owner was still attached. I called LR customer service and they requested proof of ownership, I emailed the paperwork while on the phone with the rep, she received my email and reviewed the documentation and deleted the prior owner. You then need to be near the car as stated above as there is an on screen prompt. Over the next few hours (72 wow?) the car will “attach” to your account. 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #610290 Sat Feb 20 2021 1:24pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1