RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New order in- is configurable ambient lighting worth it?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

jasfoo77

United Kingdom 
New order in- is configurable ambient lighting worth it?

Hi all

Just placed an order in p400e dynamic HSE black edition

Not even seen or test drive the car.

Decided to just order it. Hope I made a good choice.

Options included

- sliding pano
- 360 cam

Not sure if the configurable ambient lighting is any good. Am coming from BMW and Merc which their ambient light design is brilliant.

Any thoughts from current owners be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Post #609828 Wed Feb 10 2021 11:44pm
jasfoo77

United Kingdom 

Apologies it’s a RRS model I had ordered for clarity.

Post #609829 Wed Feb 10 2021 11:45pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

have you had a car with a sliding pano before? my old x3 had one and its so noisy we never used it, i have the std fixed pano in the RRS and its great (i also heard stories of the slider leaking)

i was torn on the 360, its an expensive option... i didn't get it, but admit sometimes in tight spots i wish i had it Very Happy

heated steering wheel is a great option, use it all the time in winter, i'm also a fan of black glass and black roofs Smile  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #609849 Thu Feb 11 2021 12:55pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Jas

I have had sliding roofs on my last one & current, I just don’t see the point in not having them, no leaks on either, quiet when closed & great if you get a summer to open them. I’m considering the same car as you’ve ordered & would pay for that as the only extra as I’ll be having a private contract hire this time.

Good luck

Malc

Post #609877 Thu Feb 11 2021 9:13pm
jasfoo77

United Kingdom 

Hi guys thanks for reply.

I always had pano sliding in my last 2 cars.

Just wanted the sliding pano and coloured ambient light so my son can enjoy it.

Am still torn on whether to include the 360 parking aid even thought I am already adding the 360 cam. Not sure it’s over kill or be a complete peace of mind. Not test driven so am ordering it cold.

The 360 cam outlet for me to see the wheels prevent keeping. So would have this than having to send the car away for alloy repairs. Takes 2-3 days for the car to be away as well whilst repair. Had this experience just inconvenient.

With the front sensor only, I am not sure if the sensors can actually pick up the proximity to wall or objects at the corner of the bumpers. Espcially when approaching tight carpark corners.

Some experience or feedback from you both will be great.

Thanks again.

Btw I have not test driven the car. Have ordered as a 4 year contract hire as well. Am still able to add the 360 pdc is required.

Post #609924 Sat Feb 13 2021 9:09am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Jas

The 360 sensors on my 2017 AB are really sensitive, probably to sensitive on side objects but it doesn’t take that high a kerb to catch the wheel, I always reverse parallel park as the auto dip mirrors enable you to see the kerb with no issues.

I know you probably have thought about this but I would recommend not taking one of these on a 4 year deal unless it’s fully maintained as my current aftermarket warranty company currently don’t cover hybrids so you might end up having to run with no warranty or pay LR whatever they decide to charge you.

The deal I’m looking at is 9 down plus 35 on 10k pa @ £682 per month inc vat, total cost around £30k over the 3 years.

Interested to know what you’ve been offered over 4 years if you don’t mind?

Cheers

Malc

Post #609927 Sat Feb 13 2021 10:09am
IanV8

Scotland 

I wouldn’t bother with the ambient lighting, I have it because it was there and it is only on when the interior lights are on, don’t know if you can have it on all the time.

Ian 2018 Indus Silver SDV6 Autobiography normally towing a Buccaneer Cruiser.

Post #609930 Sat Feb 13 2021 11:32am
jasfoo77

United Kingdom 

Hi Marc

No issues to share.

Called a dealership , they advised they if 360 cam is added , the extra 4 sides sensors is included. No need to added the £480 park pack. I will call another dealership to confirm again.

Each wheel return will cost probs £150 each at least to repair. So tot I spend it on the cam.

I had

HSE dynamic black p400e
4 year
6k/year
Santorini black
Sliding pano
360 cam
Configure ambient light ( it will stay all the time)

6 + 47

£701pm fully maintained. Including road tax.
All repairs servicing (2 times over 4 years)and tyre puncture coverd. Likely at least 2 tyres be replaced if not all 4 and Mot etc.
Each LR service 500 + 600. 1st and 2nd.
To break down the maintence cost itself is actually £1940 over 4 years. So I think it trouble free motoring at main dealership servicing.

For 6 + 47 deal I took excess mile 33.56p per mile.

It’s work out £300 cheaper over the 4 years total cost
As compared to 12 + 47 Although the monthly is cheaper on the 12+47.
To me it’s the total cost going to spend on the depreciation.

Yiu would have thought more deposit lower monthly is lower total cost, not the case the land rover finance with lex auto leasing.

The car been told for the leasing finance calculation at £66k from a built price of £81.4k.

Try new contract car speak to Andrew Wilt if u not ordered.
Found them on leasing.com

https://www.newcarcontract.co.uk/

Post #609934 Sat Feb 13 2021 1:21pm
jasfoo77

United Kingdom 

Marc

My £701pm inc vat too.

BR

Jason

Post #609935 Sat Feb 13 2021 1:23pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Jason,

Sounds reasonable for fully maintained, only problem for me would be the 6k per year, we do around 9k but once I know I’m defo going ahead I will get a fully maintained quote from them as a comparison.

Cheers

Malc

Post #609939 Sat Feb 13 2021 1:33pm
jasfoo77

United Kingdom 

Hi Malc

It’s typically
£15 pm per 1 k extra per year

So be looking

£45pm extra 3k per year I think

Where u getting from?

Post #609940 Sat Feb 13 2021 1:47pm
Colossus1

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

If OP is going to have to pay for the ambit lighting, don't! It's rubbish. Comes as standard on my AB and really not impressed. The system that Mercedes use is much better. Also I personally would't bother with the 360 cameras, its easy enough to park and the mirror drops when reversing so you can see the kerb. Also, wheels only around £70 each to refurb. I would spend the money on something else, like upgraded Hi-Fi, the B&W Surround system is very very good and definitely worth it, as an example.

Other must haves are
- heated steering wheel, amazing how much you use it on cold mornings,
- sliding roof you already have (works very well, don't be put off),
- rear privacy glass (stops people seeing what you have in the boot and rear)
- suede cloth headlining is also much nicer than the cloth material if it is not standard
- blind spot monitor also quite useful, but rest of the driver aids I never use

That is about all really. I also have the proper fridge which works very well in summer but not really essential although a nice to have. The rest is all stuff to waste money on but not really necessary. Enjoy it when it arrives.

Post #610107 Tue Feb 16 2021 6:34pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Agree with Colossus1 very wise advice, except I would say surround cameras are absolutely worth it. Being able to visualise the placement of the vehicle, perhaps if you’re not so confident a parker, is awesome. I use mine every day. Embarassed

Suedecloth headlining adds a luxurious touch, more so than configurable ambient lighting. I recently reconfiged my ambient lighting, going for a more yellowy colour than the white I had before. I like the results. Used it twice in 14 months; for £200 then why not?

Active blind spot monitoring made a fuss-free near miss of my clumsy overtaking plan one time in continental Europe last year. The general blind spot lighting in the mirror doesn’t really tell me anything I cannot see for myself, but I is a constant source of reassurance.

Sliding roof? No. I don’t like the centre bar and I would rarely open it, so prefer the expansive sight of a clear fixed pano. But if you plan to open it then it’s a no-brainer.

Heated wheel? I thought all cars came with these except the Tata Nano and the base Renault Twizzy. But if they’re still optional in Range Rovers then option it! Or buy some leatherette winter driving gloves.

Privacy glass: entirely personal preference, but it absolutely helps keep the car slightly cooler. Also if you have ugly rear passengers then... well. It was a must have for me. Perhaps because it gets so hot here in London? L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #610327 Sat Feb 20 2021 11:01pm
IanV8

Scotland 

I was out in the car in the dark this week and my ambient lighting was on all the time.

Ian 2018 Indus Silver SDV6 Autobiography normally towing a Buccaneer Cruiser.

Post #610341 Sun Feb 21 2021 10:01am
Marv11

United Kingdom 
Order in......just never seen the car

Brand new to the forum. Moving from BMW 520d on lease, to a new RRS HSE silver D300, black on order. Quite a bit more on cost!

went for Black paint as I didn't like the bottom sill of car being black and other part of car being a different colour?

Have ordered (car on lease for 4 years):-
Park Pack, Cabin air thing, surround camera, activity key, secure pro

My BMW has lane assist and adoptive cruise control, which I don't use often, so I dropped it from the spec, but wondering if I have made right decision. Order in, but subject to test drive - the most difficult thing about this car order (1st world probs) is I have note been able visit a showroom and look at other cars etc.

Dealer says car will arrive end of July, so they have said to me it will be 2022 model???

choices choices......

Post #610384 Sun Feb 21 2021 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>