RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > What's my RRS SDV8 Autobiography worth?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fozzy_foster

United Kingdom 
What's my RRS SDV8 Autobiography worth?

Hi all,

I'm after a bit of advice please, I am looking to sell my RR Autobiography after 6 months of enjoyable ownership. Been an awesome thing but I have an itch to buy an F150 lightning american truck (had one 10 years ago and miss it!) so won't be keeping this, will buy a cheaper 'daily' for me to use. The market prices seem to be all over the shop and with the year mine is and the mileage it has it is hard to put a figure on it, any pointers please? I won't be trading it in just selling privately.

She's a late Dec 2016/66 model but falls into the MY2017 spec with the wide and updated infotainment screen, virtual cockpit, lane assist, blind spot assist etc... Its on 81000 miles, I bought it with 78000 from a main dealer so its under LR warranty. Never had an issue with it. I'm the 3rd owner, first being LR themselves and it had a major service at Stafford LR before I bought it. Has some nice extras such as stealth pack, electric tow bar, hot and cold seats, hot rear seats, digital TV, Apple car play, Meridian (middle one) sound, retractable pan.roof, leather is beige black and has alcantara headlining. Has all the usual Autobiography goodies as well. I've added the PowerfulUK rear lights, sweeping side repeaters on the mirrors, sidesteps and 22" Vossen alloy wheels (still have the original 21" ones as well) and also the added addition of it being a relatively rare colour (Kaikaura Stone), which I recently also had it professionally machine polished and ceramic coated.

I can't seem to find one with the newer updated 2017 model with the mileage it has? If anyone can help put a value on it please it would be great.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Apologies to the mods if I have broken rules for this, it's not a for sale ad as it won't be going anywhere until have found a truck (which is proving tricky!), just some guidance....

Thanks

Post #608887 Wed Jan 20 2021 7:37pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Looking on autotrader with like for like parameters in terms of age, milesge and trim level I would ssy 33 to 35k.

Lovely looking car though. Paint looks awesome with machine polish and ceramic coating.

Did ypu get the head lights tinted? If so what grade /shade and how much? If you dont mind me asking. I have the same headlights (stealth lights) but loce the light tinted look...think it would complement the colour of csr...rare Zanzibar Orange.

Post #608900 Wed Jan 20 2021 11:18pm
fozzy_foster

United Kingdom 

Hi mate, i've had a quick look on the trader and cannot seem to find any at that price point? I've seen a black one on there with 127k on the clock for 32k but nothing else with the wider type infotainment screen for less than 40k? Perhaps i'll start at 38k and see what happens, can always swap the wheels out with the factory 21's to bring the price down....

I used Luxe Lightwrap in the light shade for the front lights (they have 3 shades). I have a sign company so did them myself, imagine if I were to do them for a customer it would be about £100 for the pair.

Post #608906 Thu Jan 21 2021 12:15am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Hi Fozzy
I also checked autotrader for price. I only specced 4.4 sdv8 AB sports.
Reason why I gave that was because the cars at the 40k mark are approx 25k to 40k lower in mileage than yours.

But yes I think your right 33k is on the lower side. Though I would say 38k is abit high. But I wish you the very best and hope you get the asking price after all it is a beautiful looking car. I do like the 22s they go well with car. Thumbs Up

Think they would look awesome in gun metal grey...if I had them on my car as that ties in with carbon fibre bits on my car. Very Happy .

Post #608909 Thu Jan 21 2021 1:41am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

fozzy_foster wrote:
Perhaps i'll start at 38k and see what happens, can always swap the wheels out with the factory 21's to bring the price down....

I would suggest putting the OEM wheels on for selling. Your aftermarket ones are a personal choice and may not be to everyones taste - I don't like them, for example, so wouldn't want to buy the car and then have to change them out, so probably wouldn't look at it further unless it was absolutely the best example at the best price.

OEM wheels in good condition on a clean FSH car would be more appealing to more people. It's a buyer's market out there so maximise the number of people that will look at it. You can always offer them the aftermarket wheels once you have them interested. Thumbs Up

Other than the wheels Wink that's a great looking example. I've always liked that colour (an the close relatives of it from earlier RRS versions). GLWTS. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #608916 Thu Jan 21 2021 11:11am
Kevin-t

United Kingdom 

Ditto..... Thumbs Up

"I would suggest putting the OEM wheels on for selling. Your aftermarket ones are a personal choice and may not be to everyones taste - I don't like them, for example, so wouldn't want to buy the car and then have to change them out, so probably wouldn't look at it further unless it was absolutely the best example at the best price."

Thumbs Up

Post #608917 Thu Jan 21 2021 11:16am
fozzy_foster

United Kingdom 

Most definitely yes completely agree regarding the wheels and will do this. The factory 21" wheels are immaculate (in gloss black) with the correct Pirelli tyres as well. I'm sure I can sell these wheels on afterwards.

I presume the usual places such as ebay, autotrader etc are my best bet? Facebook selling pages any good? I've sold loads of cr@p on there but never attempted to sell a car, imagine will be tons of timewasters and lowballers....

Post #608918 Thu Jan 21 2021 11:20am
Kevin-t

United Kingdom 

You could always swap out the wheels, take some more pics in and out and Advertise it on here..If nowt else you might get some response from the price-ing structure.. Thumbs Up

Post #608920 Thu Jan 21 2021 11:30am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Why don't you ask your dealer what its worth, then you will have an idea where to price it. Autotrader values it at a private sale £31960 & dealer price £34500-38100
Its a lovely looking car & you have spent a fair bit on changes, but lots of people won't care what mods are on it & will not pay extra for different lights etc. The mileage goes against it as well. If you get someone like yourself you will get a good price.
Good luck with the sale. I really like it.

Post #608922 Thu Jan 21 2021 11:45am
00by

I'd imagine as a trade in you'd be looking at circa £29k.
Top end private £35k.
So somewhere between those...probably around the middle! MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #608923 Thu Jan 21 2021 11:57am
MaxRundown

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

It's a lovely colour, but as others have mentioned its quite leggy for its age, and the modifications definitely detract from it's saleability and value, rightly or wrongly people see modified sports as chav/wag/coke dealer mobiles and will assume it's had a hard life.

if you're serious about selling it, put it totally back to standard, including putting the original registration number on it and be prepared to take mid/high 20's from a trader and low 30's as a private sale.

Post #608966 Fri Jan 22 2021 1:09am
GV

United Kingdom 

I totally agree with Max. Lovely car but, with the wheels and private number plate, it is still your car and not the prospective buyers’. They will not engage with your modifications and you will loose out. Back to standard and it is a lovely car for someone with about £27-29k.

Post #608988 Fri Jan 22 2021 2:47pm
sterling01

Scotland 

Be thick skinned if selling on eBay or Autotrader. I listed my 2017 Audi A8 on both and got dozens of emails and calls from people offering lower than WeBuyAnyCar or trade price. Most I think were dealers as the conversation tended to go something like : Me "Hello". Them "Will you take £18k for the car". Me "No, I think....." Before I could continue, they just hang up. My car had over a years Audi warranty remaining and was pristine with FDSH. They were selling on Audi website for £27k to £30k. I had mine advertised at £24k. This was half the mileage and £3k lower than the cheapest 2017 A8 on Audi approved website. Current - 2014 Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6
Gone - 2017 Audi A8 Sport
Gone - 2007 Range Rover Sport HSE TDV8 - Great car.

Post #608990 Fri Jan 22 2021 3:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1