RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > What to order ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bazzert9

United Kingdom 
What to order ?

I have a RRS SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic bought new March 2018 TD6 3Ltr Engine I usually keep my cars 2 - 3 years so maybe looking to change this around March.

95% of my journeys are less than 10 miles so it seems a no brainer to buy the P400e next what are peoples thoughts on this.

Is it worth keeping the RRS another 12 months and look to the 2012 model?

Do you think RR will release a full Elec version anytime soon?

I have loved having my RR but don't really use it to its potential ie never off road, I like my gadgets and toys which LR seems to lack behind the big German brands, I was considering swapping brand to the Mercedes GLS or maybe Porsche, what's peoples thought on these?

Appreciate your thoughts

Post #609141 Mon Jan 25 2021 2:27pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
We have had enjoyed our change Thumbs Up

The merc felt just too big and did not even take one out for drive, we did try a few other's Laughing

You can add £££££ to a Porsche to get the "full" spec of a rrs so it depends what you actually want ?
3 month wait from order as well and check different dealers for their allocation, they don't really do discounts either Shocked
Big difference in attitude of the dealership as well (well it was when you could go in one ! )

Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #609164 Mon Jan 25 2021 6:58pm
Nick Hearne

United Kingdom 

I got my P400e dynamic Black just before Christmas and love it, thought a 2lt would be a bit gutless, but it’s sure not and sounds great too👍
I have had Disco 3 for 7 years and a Disco 4 for 8 years and still love the 4 HSE with every toy that was going except a TV at the time!
Got mine with out even test driving a P400e just the v6 oil burner, but no regrets! Well except I can’t bring myself to put my 2 labs in just yet, but I really shouldn’t keep the D4 just for the dogs! RRS P400e HSE Dynamic Black

Post #609194 Mon Jan 25 2021 10:44pm
jasfoo77

United Kingdom 

Had just put an order for p400e Dynamic black edition

Options

- sliding pano
- 360 cam

Still deciding if it’s worth to add the configurable ambient lighting.

Any thought from people?

Thanks
Jason

Post #609827 Wed Feb 10 2021 11:39pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 
Re: What to order ?

bazzert9 wrote:

95% of my journeys are less than 10 miles so it seems a no brainer to buy the P400e next what are peoples thoughts on this.

yup gliding round in EV mode is great and i personally feel better about being a bit greener Smile

personally i don't think the infrastructure is up to the job for full EV, maybe in London but certainly not the midlands... it would be a nightmare if your only car was full EV IMO.  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #609850 Thu Feb 11 2021 12:58pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Configurable ambient lighting is only necessary if you don’t like the colour and intensity of the default ambient lighting! I suspect it is the least of your concerns and I would spec soft close over that any day of the week.

P400e is a fab drivetrain, as I have said many times. Although not perfect. It’s a bit too urgent off the line making it lurch 0-10 mph, and when petrol is running there can be some transmission slap when coming off the throttle when you’ve just been pressing on. It’s also annoyingly difficult to detect when running on full elec vs petrol, with no icon either to tel, you. Always bugs me that. But over it now. Let it do it’s thing, I say.

I hear the Porsche Cayenne PHEV is a fantastically engineered car, and I totally believe it. I would certainly go for this if I was under budget constraints. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #609889 Fri Feb 12 2021 12:24am
ilard

United Kingdom 

jasfoo77, a sliding roof was standard on mine but I deleted it for fixed pano. No bar in the middle! It looks fantastic, I have no regrets. So Just make sure you really want sliding before splashing that cash. Cost-wise you could potentially have a HUD instead which I personally value more. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #609890 Fri Feb 12 2021 12:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1