Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Flashing Park Brake on start up
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Leechicken74

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Flashing Park Brake on start up

Hi all,

I recently had a reconditioned EPB fitted along with new shoes, plus discs and pads on the rear after a full failure of the EPB and since then all has been good. But I now occasionally have the handbrake light flashing first thing in the morning along with a beep, beep, beep from the dash board. Doesn't happen every time but only ever happens on first start up it never happens any other time, after starting engine and before pulling away. Whilst light is flashing, lift electronic brake lever and flashing stops, sound stops. Park Brake works perfectly fine at all times and I currently have no fault codes associated with the EPB on my GAP tool.
Is this something I should have looked at or one of the odd behaviours of these complex beasts? Lee
—————-
3.6 TDV8 2010 (facelift) HSE Stornaway Grey
3.0 TD6 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury Indus Silver Dynamic Packs 1 & 2 - Sold due to COVID budget cuts at home 😢
Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4 - White, black wheels, black decals - Great little car and so much fun!

Post #608394 Sun Jan 10 2021 9:25am
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

When the word reconditioned is mentioned I always have doubts,, but I would start with the cheapest option,, make sure the shoes are clean and adjusted correctly 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #608416 Sun Jan 10 2021 5:50pm
Leechicken74

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks Gosgy, but the shoes were replaced and everything adjusted and bedded in by my indie just over 300 miles ago when it was all replaced, so I’m doubtful if that’s the cause but when it goes in for the rear prop in a week to so I will get them to double check it all again Lee
—————-
3.6 TDV8 2010 (facelift) HSE Stornaway Grey
3.0 TD6 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury Indus Silver Dynamic Packs 1 & 2 - Sold due to COVID budget cuts at home 😢
Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4 - White, black wheels, black decals - Great little car and so much fun!

Post #608424 Sun Jan 10 2021 7:13pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

Always better to look at the easy option first,, if it's only done 300 miles there should be some form of guarantee with the work,,, maybe the EPB module is not quite right,,, depends who refurbished it. 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #608428 Sun Jan 10 2021 7:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1