RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Slow sunroof
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

pjbracer1

England 
Slow sunroof

HI Guys I dont use it much but thought i'd open the sunroof the other day as it as cold but sunny so thought I let some fresh air in.

Now normally it opens the blind all the way back then slides back to its open position in one touch but on its way back the sunroof seems like its stuggling to slide back, the blind is fine.

Also the same when its on its way back to close and to a point that it stopped and then when i pressed the close button agin it started to close again.

I tried it several times and kinda helped it along a little to avoid it strining something but it seems a little stiff. I have checked the rubber outer seals it slides in and gave them a little silicon to lube them up just incase they were really dry or dirty but they seem fine.

I also performed a reset

Make sure blind is closed
Press and hold Clsoe sunroof button for 20 seconds until the clunk
Let go but within a second press and hold it again - this starts the reset process which opens and closes the blind in a full open close cycle and then when its done let go and it should be complete.

This has been followed and the one touch feature still works fine but its still feels like its stuggling to open and close.

So I thought Id ask the knowledge pool here as to possible fixes?

Some have said on here that a battery rest is required after changing the main battery using the GAP tool and I havent done this and this is the only issue I have had so not sure maybe if I do a battery reset that it might solve the issue perhaps?

The tilt part of the sunroof is fine and the actual closing tight mech it just seems the slide part is slow as if it was tight, but it was fine during the summer and autumn last year, so im a bit stumped as to what it might be unless the motor is on its way out, I have made sure the slide rails had some silicon spray on them to ease the movement not too much on there just enough.

Ive looked around on here and on rangerovers.net but most seem to say just do a reset which hasnt worked for me it still seems slow to the point it stopped and had to be restarted (as if the car stopped the motor to protect it) so i dont wann keep doing it, I did think it might have been cos the engine wasnt on but that didnt help either. and I think the motor is fine really as when it starts its like normal in either directin and then seems to slow up

Any ideas greatly appreciated If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #608220 Wed Jan 06 2021 4:46pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
re sunroos slow

Weird, I have exactly the same issue. It sounds really laboured and moves slowly, though doesn't actually stop.

Thanks for the reset instructions, I will try this first too !

Post #608305 Fri Jan 08 2021 10:09am
pjbracer1

England 

No probs I just wish I could work out what mine is as all the runners seems fine and and it has worked fine, the only thing I can think of is perhaps as it really cold -temps at the mo maybe the rubbers are just stiff an hence is being slow, thing it I dont wana keep trying it incase I do some real damage. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608306 Fri Jan 08 2021 10:37am
Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 

Yep my sunroof is also the same - motor sounds laboured when closing. Dealer checked it and said its fine.

Post #608807 Mon Jan 18 2021 7:28pm
pjbracer1

England 

Really! I havent tried it again et since adding some silicon spray along the runner sections and in the rubber trim on the rear section. might give it a go tomorrow seeing as its a bit warmer. I mean it does work it jsut seems slow about 3/4 of the way to close, on the slide function and a little slow on the opening but not as bad which is weird too!

It has worked fine and has been used during summer a reasonable amoutn so not sure what could have changed.

I might take a hair dryer out and warm up the rubbers a little just to see if it makes any difference.

I cant believe though we are the only 3 that have had this issue. ( I wonder if the reset fixed Rowdie's issue) The reset is really only for the electric parts, I cant see any way to adjust the glass pane either, was thinking maybe I opened it when the car was park slightly on a tilt and its slightly out of alignment) If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608809 Mon Jan 18 2021 7:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1