RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > The dreaded air suspension fault. With codes.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Scrooge

United Kingdom 
The dreaded air suspension fault. With codes.

So I’ve tried searching and googling. For such a common car with such common problems the topics online about the L494 air suspension issues seem to be thin on the ground?

So I have a 2015 AB Dynamic. Everything has been perfect for the first 6 months of ownership now there’s a suspension fault. Suspension works perfectly fine but you’ll be driving along and then the warning lights will come up, ‘normal height available only’ or if I don’t raise it from access height it sometimes stays in access height. Turn the car on and off and everything works fine. This occasionally coupled with IEB unavailable light.

I plugged it straight in to find these intermittent codes...

C1A67-97 forward looking sensor
U01421-81 invalid data received from ride level control module

Anyone have any ideas as I don’t fancy just firing up the parts cannon just yet!

Post #607915 Mon Dec 28 2020 3:19pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

First code appears to be related to ACC, possibly blocked with snow/mud etc. but looks like should also display message if it is, not sure about second code though, any chance it should actualy be U0421-81?

Cheers
Col

Post #607954 Tue Dec 29 2020 12:25am
pjbracer1

England 

Hey scrooge i had this on my rrs1 and it ended up being a software update on the air compressor, basically what was happening is that is the pressure in the system would discharge so it sprang a fault code.

I always use access mode (as im on the oompa loompa size scale! im only orange in the summer!)

the suspension worked fine as it should most of the time but ocasionally it would fault and a restart of the car solved it, it was annoying when pulling away cause auto rise wouldnt work and you were driving on the bump stops!

I als got this when i had parked on uneven ground like on a verge or half on a curb and then used access mode, as i drove off the suspension would rise like normal but would spring a fault and tell me dynamic stability was off and she felt a little bit more wobbly.

I took it to an indy thinking it was gonna cost a fortune but it ended bieng about £180.

I bought a compressor seal kit too and thought about a new ompressor but the indy said it was non of it.

I know it was a rrs1 but might be similar, mine never lost any air, suspension stayed up all the time and went to ful height.

I think it was errorring thinking tht the system was at pressure so wouldnt start the compressor hence a restart cleared it.

If the system works and stays full and can adjust as normal then all the major components should be fine, if the car self levels too when you are on a slight incline then i reckon it is probaby a sensor somewhere that might be a quick and simple fix, maybe have a look in the lrcat might show something, that said it might be a Censored to get to!

Also might worth checking the battery as these cars are pretty picky about power in the system, a low battery can cause all sorts of warnings and errors and the car shuts off certains features so it might be the suspension on yours that is being the most picky maybe, worth a check i guess if its an old orriginal battery

Goog luck If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #608070 Fri Jan 01 2021 7:19pm
Scrooge

United Kingdom 

Thanks Guys!!

Post #608090 Sat Jan 02 2021 4:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1