Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Stuck Gear Selector Module
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

slinkyjynx

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black
Stuck Gear Selector Module

Hi all,

So my car broke down yesterday, obviously right at the traffic lights on a four-way junction because why on earth would I break down somewhere convenient? Laughing

Tried to pull away but the car would only rev, look down at the rotary drive selector and it was in 'N' but the dial was stuck fast. I thought "There are lots of quirks in this car, I'll turn it off and on again." Sadly, no dice. Turning off the car usually causes the dial to slide back into the chamber, but this time it stayed out.

Couple of helpful people offered to push me to the side of the road but unfortunately although the selector SAID 'N' what it really meant was 'P' so no amount of pushing was getting me anywhere.

AA guy came out and confirmed this is a fairly common problem with these cars and I'm fortunate to be in the model year I'm in because they no longer come with an emergency mechanical release anymore apparently. We tried a battery reset a few times in order to shock it into some sort of life, but to no avail.

Anyway long story short, pulled the release and towed me to the local JLR service centre where I was quoted £631 for a new selector module. Big Cry

Just in time for Christmas, eh? Anyone else had this issue? This is the first breakdown I've had in an otherwise very reliable car, so I've earned my Range Rover Owner's badge!

Merry Christmas all!

Post #607739 Mon Dec 21 2020 6:27pm
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 

Common problem. You can either have a go and fix it yourself or buy a used knob.

Here's the fault and fix.. https://www.aulro.com/afvb/l319-discovery-...blems.html Joe

Post #607746 Tue Dec 22 2020 8:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1