RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > RRS Sd4 HSE purchase
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

gerrymac

Scotland 
RRS Sd4 HSE purchase

Newbie on here. purchased SD4 Hse 3 weeks ago 67plate 22clock.
Frankly i have had loads of LRs sports and vogues.
I love this car.

Not a speed freak so performance does not apply to me. Command drive position and safety means everything to me. I am ED medic in NHS...

I went 3year ago to VOLVO xc60. whoa!
not a great decision.

So back with LR and a very very happy man.
Any tips gossip etc on this vehicle much appreciated or other owners delights.

Click image to enlarge

Post #607672 Sat Dec 19 2020 1:32pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Lovely looking car to enjoy the highlands with in all seasons.. when LR is in the blood you will always come back to the brand..I did so from a Volvo xc90 some years back and more recently a Lexus Rx450hl... as soon as i bought both I knew I had made a big mistake.

Wishing you many years of trouble free motoring and of course we are all so grateful for the work you do.

Top tip is to find a good independent LR business to service the car. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #607693 Sun Dec 20 2020 1:08am
gerrymac

Scotland 

Kind words stay safe and upbeat you and your family.
Its funny. I never smiled getting into the volvo. Never washed it. Now like a cheshire cat and the paint wont be there much longer the amount of washes it has had. Rolling Eyes Love command drive position
Speed kills
Dont drink drug drive
Stay safe during pandemic follow the rules.
cars owned from present day...
L494 Montalcino Red
Evoque(her indoors)

Vogue
mk1 RRS x2
Disco 4 3 2 1
we wont discuss the Volvo XC60

Post #607696 Sun Dec 20 2020 10:49am
pjbracer1

England 

Nice looking car, I quite like that colour too had a VW Golf GTI years ago in the same.

LR's do have their faults but to be honest find me a car that doesnt! Ive always loved Land Rovers since a kid and I think it is the can do pretty much anything ability that make them what they are, yes they are not sports cars but some are more than quick enough, they are more difficult to park but try parking an Audi A6 avante or BMW5 touring!

I like the drive they offer too more than enough punch to drive like a hooligan but for the most part its the comfort and crusie. how often do you get to drive in a spirited manor these days anyway.

I do find that most other SUV drrivers always seem to avert their gaze to the Range Rovers as if they wished they had made a different decision, X5, and ML drivers always seem to look at mine in traffic (without trying to look if you know what I mean). I guess that LR for all its faults is still the bench mark, in the same way as the Golf Gti was (not so sure now).

I think most LR's are pretty good looking, myabe not the latest Disco well the rear end, but even that has grown on me a liitle.

Couple of mods you might consider only for looks mind, the 2018 style front grille looks nice (I did mine and it just looks a little fresher without looking out of place) and maybe swap the rear lights for the newer style ones from the 2018 model, they just look really nice to me. and if you get the right ones the indicator sweeps, (you could als replace the indicators in the mirrors for sweeping ones too.

Maybe some side steps to add a little bit grrr to it, they just seem to finish it off and the after market one are identical to LR but pretty reasonable.

Ebay is pretty good for some of the atermarket parts and powerfuluk LTD are really good for stuff and they have lots of instructional vids on the tube for RR's if you like to tinker yourself.

A GAP IID tool is a great investment too for fault finding but also some re-progamming of extra features if you already have the hardware or decided to upgrade some of the bits!

Also goto https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/vehicle/lookupForm and register as it gives some infor on your car and any bulletins etc... from LR based on your VIN (handy for records)

Otherwise enjoy your new ride and welcome back to the club, I bet the neighbours will be wondering how much that NHS pay rise was! Laughing

As you are out near some great scenery maybe take the beauty out and off road for a little bit and take some cool pictures of her for the history book and for the giggles! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #607700 Sun Dec 20 2020 3:10pm
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Very nice car & colour is great, you deserve it for what all the NHS staff have been through the last few months, hope your paint doesn't fade with all the washing 😃

Post #607706 Sun Dec 20 2020 7:17pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Oh and get yourself these mats for the winter
https://www.lrparts.net/da4823-range-rover...-edge.html

P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #607741 Mon Dec 21 2020 11:29pm
Canary

England 

Hi gerry

Great car is that montalcino red?

Your not far from me in Fife so you probably have a heavy frost this morning, don't forget to activate wintermode wipers to save tearing your blades on start up!

I had a very painful relationship with volvo too with car rejections etc and far less reliable than my land rovers to date of which I've had plenty of issue with!
l also have an x5 and apart from a god awful drive its so unreliable it makes my land rovers appear perfect in every sense, that's why despite my issues with the brand its still by far the best drive out there.

Cheers Thumbs Up MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #607795 Wed Dec 23 2020 11:09am
georgien

Belgium 

Hi Gerry

Congratulations on your new car !

I have the same (except it is in black).
I'm surprised you could find a SD4 as LR stopped producing them in Sept 2018, for reasons I don't understand why really.
I'm just like you, I don't care how fast I can get from 0 to 100km/h. The car is just great, fuel consumption very reasonable.
Mine is 3 yo and I have topped close to 60k km. Two problems so far : one was electronic and the car had to be fully reset, the other one was a factory recall for mechanical risk but I didn't have any issue.

I have worked a bit on my car (drawers, fridge, compressor, roof rack, etc as I like overlanding and off-roading (Croatia, Bosnia, Pyrenees, Andalucia, Morocco,...).

Enjoy your car !
Nik

Post #608443 Mon Jan 11 2021 12:04am
pjbracer1

England 

What do you mean by drawers? If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608447 Mon Jan 11 2021 1:14am
georgien

Belgium 

See pictures. After several trips, it proved to be very useful to keep my car organized and to be able to easily find what I need when I need it !
 Nik
RRSport L494 SD4 MY'17
Audi Q5
BMW X3
Audi A6
Mercedes R
Volvo XC70
BMW 5
Range Rover Classic
UMM
Toyota BJ40

Post #608461 Mon Jan 11 2021 2:21pm
pjbracer1

England 

Hi Mate

They look great dont suppose you have a build plan for them, I could do with some of those, I reckon you could make a nice little business out of those if someone hasnt already

Great idea If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608462 Mon Jan 11 2021 2:25pm
pjbracer1

England 

I stand corrected ive had a look and there are quite a few about, that said they are quite pricey, might see if I can find and adapt maybe, but either way great idea If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608464 Mon Jan 11 2021 3:57pm
georgien

Belgium 

Yes, several brands are available on the market (Frontrunner is one of them). None of them fits perfectly to RRSport boot and futhermore prices vary between 1000 and 2000€ ! This is why I've decided to build one myself. No plans, I did it step by step. And don't ask me how many hours / days it took me to build it ... ! It cost me approx. 24O €.
The other day, I removed the second row seats, quite time consuming the first time you do it but it is really worth the job as I can maximize to storage space even better. Plus the seats are about 60 kg heavy !!
I love my car but the most annoying is you hardly find anything to build it for overlanding. Tire size is a problem, no snorkel available, difficulty to fit a winch, no roof rack adapted to the car (I adapted a Front Runner one but wasn't really easy), and more. Is it because this car model is not old enough or/and because RRS L494 owners taking it off-roading do not represent a big enough market ? Nik
RRSport L494 SD4 MY'17
Audi Q5
BMW X3
Audi A6
Mercedes R
Volvo XC70
BMW 5
Range Rover Classic
UMM
Toyota BJ40

Post #608468 Mon Jan 11 2021 5:47pm
pjbracer1

England 

Cool I might have to look into this as a little project. yeah maybe there isnt much call for the offroad mud slaping side of them yet perhaps cos they are still quite pricey I reckon the snorkel would have been designed but I bet cos of where the vent is on the top of the wing it might be tricky to fits with the current bonnet. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608479 Mon Jan 11 2021 10:34pm
gerrymac

Scotland 

Thanks for all the feedback and kind words much appreciated. Didnt take me long to start mods changed the grill to svr style from powerful uk great company.
added new inserts to the bonnet vents got rid of the mesh and fitted black smooth vent photos to follow.
Great fun . Love command drive position
Speed kills
Dont drink drug drive
Stay safe during pandemic follow the rules.
cars owned from present day...
L494 Montalcino Red
Evoque(her indoors)

Vogue
mk1 RRS x2
Disco 4 3 2 1
we wont discuss the Volvo XC60

Post #611385 Fri Mar 12 2021 1:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>