RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > ‘E Diff Not Available’ warning on dash? RRS 2014
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Unclebuck

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
‘E Diff Not Available’ warning on dash? RRS 2014

Range Rover Sport 3.0 sdv6 2014 Autobiography model.
Hi Guys,
Got in my car yesterday morning and up popped an orange warning triangle and the ‘E-Diff Not Available? Any ideas? Thanks

Post #607519 Tue Dec 15 2020 7:41pm
00by

First check is the battery - low voltages can cause all sorts of issues.

If you've got a Ctek charger or similar, charge the battery and see if that solves it! MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #607548 Wed Dec 16 2020 1:02pm
Unclebuck

Thanks for your response, prior to this warning coming on, I had the 'low battery please start car' message coming on regularly So i put the battery on charge using my ctek! this was only last Thursday/Friday that message cleared but did't use the car over the weekend and the 'new' fault came on first thing on start up Monday morn!

Post #607551 Wed Dec 16 2020 1:17pm
00by

Battery could be getting tired, especially if it's the original.

Probably worth checking it/getting it checked out. MY16 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Dynamic

Post #607552 Wed Dec 16 2020 1:27pm
Unclebuck

Ok so fitted new main battery today hoping that the warning would go but no the warning is still there? Had the shop who supplied the battery to plug the car in to their reader and they found a fault 'acctuator supply voltage' but couldn't delete it !

Post #607605 Thu Dec 17 2020 5:17pm
pjbracer1

England 

Hi mate i just did a write up on the battery swap over and there is the debate over needing to reset the battery monitoring system, i didnt do it on mine as i didnt have any errors but maybe this is the time that the battery reset is required.

The GAP tool has this function which i reckon will get rid of the error if you have someone near who has a non vin linked tool they could do this or take it to an indy and aske them to do the reset for you. i think as the system doesnt know it had a new batt and that it was in an error state it doesnt know any different.

Be interesting to know if this does solve the problem If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #608072 Fri Jan 01 2021 7:55pm
Unclebuck

Hi, thanks for that, we tried different reset tools and it didn’t clear the fault! I ended up taking it to an Indy garage who again couldn’t reset it due to there being a fault with the e diff system ie low voltage! They checked all the wiring earth point but put it down to a faulty module on top of the diff. So I’m now waiting for them to get a replacement in the not too distant future, probably a second hand one. Will report back once it’s sorted! Thanks

Post #608080 Sat Jan 02 2021 11:15am
pjbracer1

England 

Ahh thats a pain then! I had a similar issue with a a battery change in my RRS1 the battery went flat and was just inside the warranty period so I went back to halfords and they offered to do the change over for £10 and seeing as Id jump started the car and it was eseecntially under warranty I though to myslef why not!

After the change I got and Airbag fault which related to when the car starts is does liek a system check and if it doesnt get a read back from either and airbag or system module (like the seatbelts) it fails, also this is an MOT fail too even though they are still work!

I looked at the obvious where others say the wires under the drivers seat can short and and cause the issue, but they were fine.

Took it to my indy who again was a bit stumped as he couldnt clear the fault either so it ended up being a new airbag ecu (he wouldnt fit a second hand one for insurance reasons) The ecu also records the crash data and if airbags have fired so speed, traction steering angle etc... so swapping for a scond hand unit from a crashed car might not have been good anyway.

So he stuck the new one in wihc is under the centre consle for the RRS1 (its possible to do DIY if you are happy with a second hand unti, but new needs to be coded to the car I think) after that everythign was fine again!

So it loks like the battery swap either caused a surge that blew it or it didnt like losing power to it when it originally went flat alought the error didnt appear unit after the battery change.

At least you have a plan then good luck and hope it fixes it If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #608082 Sat Jan 02 2021 11:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1