RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Warranty Direct stopped selling.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Dave-t

United Kingdom 

I was a bit worried they would say no. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #607645 Fri Dec 18 2020 4:18pm
pjbracer1

England 

Just got off the phoen with Warranty Wise and whilst they are more expensive that WD were they do cover the crank shaft and all internal engine components they also cover parts under wear and tear that good lead to failure too!

The max single charge is upto 10K which is what I put in so for a crankshaft failure it would put a fair chunck towards it being replaced and they will honour it with LR or an indy as long as they are VAT registered, AC is covered but I opted for the basic policy so if the stereo or stuff fails then I just pay out, the chances of that type of thing failing and not being able to pick up an ebay deal is pretty minimal.

they also throw in the emissions part too which LR wont! I did say to her that maybe if they gave an extra discount for forum members she might get some extra business now WD are not playing, but I dont think she was the right person to speak with on that! As she said each quote is individual based on car age mileage blah blah.

So it works out at based on RRS AB SDV6 2014 with 40800K
1 yr plan £1122.25 (93.52 PCM)
2 yr plan £2135.70 (88.98 PCM)
3 yr plan £3148.02 (87.44 PCM)

Cover Emissions, AC, labour rate upto £150 ph inc vat
Number of repairs unlimited
Single repair £10K
Excess £100
Recovery and car hire included

I cant get my WD quote now as it was on the portal so can compare but I think this is about £200 more for the year.

Only reason I didnt go for the WD one was cos the car is hardly in use this year! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #607649 Fri Dec 18 2020 5:06pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

I had warranty wise with my first D3....I ended up paying for an engine change..... Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #607653 Fri Dec 18 2020 5:55pm
Dave B

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

WW refused to cover a front wheel bearing and drop links, because they had not failed, but were enough for the car to fail an MOT.

Therefore they do not cover wear & tear, if it had failed on the road, maybe so, but unless it had failed, they wouldn't cover it.

Got my money back as sales pitch highly dubious.

Dave 2010 3.6 TDV8 HSE (Gone)
2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago)

Post #607654 Fri Dec 18 2020 6:11pm
pjbracer1

England 

Yeah I suspected that too but i guess if they dont and they said they do then its false advertising but the T and C's are here so

https://plan-books.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws....ms+v11.pdf

So it does say about wear and tear items that have failed and I guess as long as you have a copy of this at the time your policy was taken out then it shouldnt be a problem.

I reckon there would be issue on the term failure as in if the part hasnt acutally failed then it isnt covered but as far as the MOT tester is concerned its not safe so it fails (they do have a extra that covers MOT's failures so I bet if that if you dont have that on the policy they will weasel out of the wear and tear thing as it was part of the MOT, had it been a regular service and it had failed I reckon they wouldnt have a way out.

Apparently it inst insurance based so the business model must be backed by some group of well off guys hoping that the income covers any possible claims, (kind of a legal ponzi scheme)

Im always sceptical on this type of thing as I bet the one time you really need it its not worth the binary it will be written in.

That said I did claim for a Canon 80D that got a damn good soaking in Bonaire and the isnurers did cough up most of the cash enough for me to upgrade to the latest model. I did have to do alot of form filling mind! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #607658 Fri Dec 18 2020 7:39pm
TheGoodWillOut

United Kingdom 

wow, when did WD stop selling ? quite surprised at this, luckily my warranty ran out 29th November and I bought cover about a week before.

Post #607813 Wed Dec 23 2020 1:27pm
HXM

United Kingdom 

Dave B wrote:
Yes, sales pitch is what you want to hear, in reality they won't cover anything unless it breaks, and then there are more get out clauses than you can imagine.

Dave

Yup!

I've just had a claim rejected with Motoreasy - not worth the paper it's written on. I had betterment removal etc and was sold the earth to get the policy over the line including 6 months extra free of charge. My airbag light is on and they wouldn't cover it, they also don't cover brake hydraulic parts somehow. It was costing me 92 quid a month, just going to put the money in a pot from now on. MY15.5 HSE - SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #607831 Thu Dec 24 2020 9:27am
pjbracer1

England 

Id try small claims court then and get you money back as the policy is not fit for purpose but also go for the fact that the policy had been misold unless the claim was inside of the initial periods i think like first 30 days or 60 maybe, I think it is all a bit of a con the only thing I was thinking it would be good for is helping out with a major problem like an engine or gearbox.

Warratny Wise seem to be the oly one similar to WD Motor easy seemed more expnsive and wouldnt stop phoning me!

That said there are probably enough Sports in the knackers yard by now from crashes etc... that most of the main stuff could be bought and then fitted by an indy, also the lady I spoke with said (if you can believe it, parts of me say there probably is some truth in it) if the claim is made through LR then its likely to be more expensive when compared to their estimations so if it was an Indy quoting the work it is more likely to be in line with their estimated rates.

As you are paying monthly you can stop paying but be prepared for a cancellation fee of sorts (I would find out about who goverens them, maybe isurance ombudsman and then ask them for the details of who you need to make a complaint to as you feel 'missold' that term is always a problem for this type of company, (for the most part its money for old rope as most people just pay and then never make a claim or if it get rejected have to pay out of their own pocket but still continue with the policy.

Good luck mate keep us posted how it goes If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #607833 Thu Dec 24 2020 10:18am
HXM

United Kingdom 

Already had the “chief operating officer” on trying to ring me yesterday, followed up by email: “sorry we can’t cover your claim in full but I’d like to try and improve our position with you”.. seems like a poor review on trustpilot kicks them into action, I’ll see what he has to say after christmas. If they cover half the bill it’ll be something. MY15.5 HSE - SDV6 - Santorini Black

Post #607863 Fri Dec 25 2020 10:44am
pjbracer1

England 

Fair play its a start I guess I think review sites do create some power to us people so to speak as a few bad reviews and people start to get put off, so it costs them more in sales than the cost of covering your claim!

I hope you get it sorted if only for the moral win mate! I suspect the default is to reject everything in the first instance anyway and then if you kick off offer half in the hope you accept, go for the full amount and offer to take the post down once it has been paid if they only offer half then take it and put the review back up aftewards as a warning to others, it very unfair when you have paid for something that then cant be used!

Also if they dont play ball post if on their facebook and twitter if they havent and also provide them with a google reviews as they are very difficult ot remove woth out the posters input and a few bad of of those is quite in yor face as it appear during any search of the company!

Good luck and happy crimbo! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #607864 Fri Dec 25 2020 10:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12