Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Front/Rear Wiper Washer Operation Incorrect
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Leechicken74

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Front/Rear Wiper Washer Operation Incorrect

Hi all,

Had my RRS a few weeks now and after reading the manual I am wondering if I have a wiring issue as the manual states that to operate the front washers you push the button on the end of the stalk and to operate the rear washer you pull the stalk towards you. But on mine when I push the button it operates rear washer, pull the stalk operates the front washers??

Is there a way that the connections to the pump have been transposed? Its odd as if I push and hold the button the rear washers runs and the front wipers operate but no washer operation on the front!! Confused

Its a pain as I cant give the front windscreen a quick wash without having to operate the rear wiper and manually operate the front wipers at the same time.

Any help welcomed please. Lee
—————-
3.6 TDV8 2010 (facelift) HSE Stornaway Grey
3.0 TD6 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury Indus Silver Dynamic Packs 1 & 2 - Sold due to COVID budget cuts at home 😢
Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4 - White, black wheels, black decals - Great little car and so much fun!

Post #607265 Mon Dec 07 2020 10:34am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Are you sure you have the correct owners handbook, as the way yours's work is correct for the facelift cars or that's how they work on mine, but if I remember correctly they worked the opposite way round for the 2005-2009 pre-facelift cars.

Cheers
Col

Post #607266 Mon Dec 07 2020 11:10am
Leechicken74

Hi Col,

Double checked the handbook and found some LR video clips on you tube that show the operation of the face lift controls and they seem to align to the manual I have.

So when you operate your front washer by pulling the stalk towards you I assume your rear wiper runs at he same time as opposed the front? The purpose of pushing the button for the front washer and holding it seems to be so that the front wipers wash and wipe with one action and no need to engage the rear at the same time

It seems to me that the switch is wired wrong and the operation is swapped somehow. Lee
—————-
3.0 TD6 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury Indus Silver Dynamic Packs 1 & 2 - Sold due to COVID budget cuts at home 😢
Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4 - White, black wheels, black decals - Great little car and so much fun!

Post #607267 Mon Dec 07 2020 11:16am
Col

If I pull the stalk towards me it just operates the the front wipers and washers, press the button on the end of stalk and it just operates the rear wash and the wiper three times if I remember right, but It may be the front that does three wipes thinking about it when you pull the stalk.

Cheers
Col

Post #607269 Mon Dec 07 2020 11:24am
Leechicken74

That makes sense and seems yours although different operates correctly whereas with mine when I pull the stalk the front washer operates with the rear wiper and when I push the button the rear washer operates with the front wipers !! total madness, seems they only half converted mine Big Cry Lee
—————-

Post #607270 Mon Dec 07 2020 11:34am
Col

Only a suggestion but wonder if somebody has replaced the stalk with one from a earlier car, if that would cause the issue wouldn't even know if they are interchangeable though only a thought.

Cheers
Col

Post #607271 Mon Dec 07 2020 11:39am
Leechicken74

Thanks and when I get time I will start a process of elimination starting with the stalk and connections etc I would have considered an earth fault if it was more random but it works this way every time without fail. Still my problems could certainly be worse and I slowly getting to know the car as I fix all the many little issues and faults. Lee
—————-

Post #607272 Mon Dec 07 2020 12:15pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I suspect someone has had the body off in the past (or pump) and connected the pipes up to the pump incorrectly.

They are in the passenger wheel arch, at the front

Post #607274 Mon Dec 07 2020 12:23pm
Leechicken74

Thanks Andy, assume wheel off and remove the liner to access the pipes rather than through removing the headlight etc and going from the top?
If I finish work in time today I will try and get to it later. Lee
—————-

Post #607276 Mon Dec 07 2020 12:28pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

done from under the car.

you maybe able to do it without removing the wheel, and just jacking up.
Just pull the arch down at the front.
But I would loosen the wheel nuts while on the ground in case you do have to remove.

Post #607277 Mon Dec 07 2020 12:36pm
Leechicken74

Thanks Andy, the pipes being wrong makes sense now you have said it, I really should stop think the worst and looking for complicated issues Laughing Lee
—————-

Post #607278 Mon Dec 07 2020 12:39pm
Col

[Its odd as if I push and hold the button the rear washers runs and the front wipers operate but no washer operation on the front!! Confused ]

Ah, mis-read the post, read it as both front and rear washers and wipers wipers worked when pulling stalk or pushing button, they must have reversed the way the switch/stalk operates on the later facelift cars, possibly the MY12 on cars when they changed a few things.

Cheers
Col

Last edited by Col on Tue Dec 08 2020 1:47am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #607292 Mon Dec 07 2020 7:23pm
RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

100% the pipes are pushed onto the wrong outlets of the washer pump

Had exactly this after body lift for turbo replacement

Put in off road height and remove passenger arch liner and swap the two pipes round Thumbs Up TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #607302 Mon Dec 07 2020 10:33pm
Leechicken74

Thanks everyone, pipes switched and normal operation resumed! Must have been switched around when it had the turbos replaced as suggested, but that was 2 years ago by the previous owner so hard to believe he lived with it for that long! Anyway onto fix the next emerging fault, these cars certainly keep you busy! Very Happy Lee
—————-

Post #607307 Tue Dec 08 2020 7:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1