RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Problems from the off!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

braveheartxxxxx

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Problems from the off!!

Just picked up an 07 hSE from a landrover main dealer. Would have been fairly good if they had shut the bonnet properly before I pulled out onto the motorway. Could have been worse, was only half shut and just started banging. A quick pull over sorted that out. Good start!! Then on came the first warning, program not recognised, went, then came back intermittently, and now the susupension warning is on as well. Just to add to the woe the front PDC works when it feels like it. F~~king brilliant 100 miles on the clock, and not impressed with the amount wrong already. Don't these tossers do a vehicle check before it leaves the factory. Sad

Post #92354 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:05pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Yes. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #92359 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:10pm
braveheartxxxxx

TB wrote:
Yes.

Obviously not checked hard enough then!!!

Post #92361 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:11pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

bonnet open will be a dealer issue - take it back and get them to sort it - simple Thumbs Up

Post #92365 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:14pm
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Re: Problems from the off!!

braveheartxxxxx wrote:
Just picked up an 07 hSE from a landrover main dealer. Would have been fairly good if they had shut the bonnet properly before I pulled out onto the motorway. Could have been worse, was only half shut and just started banging. A quick pull over sorted that out. Good start!! Then on came the first warning, program not recognised, went, then came back intermittently, and now the susupension warning is on as well. Just to add to the woe the front PDC works when it feels like it. F~~king brilliant 100 miles on the clock, and not impressed with the amount wrong already. Don't these tossers do a vehicle check before it leaves the factory. Sad

Sorry you've properly joined us long-suffering RRS owners at such an early stage Braveheart. I'm told the bonnet is a typical problem, mine also flapped about at speed until I learned to slam it shut with both hands, either side. Intermittent faults are also typical, often not even being registered on the diagnostic system. The rest is not suprising, I think LR bash the cars out too quickly to meet demand and dont pay proper attention to quality control. TB would know more about that, perhaps? Good luck mate! Thumbs Up MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #92367 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

After being reffered to as a tosser in your original post I don't really care what you think. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #92368 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:15pm
Brian Mason

TB wrote:
After being reffered to as a tosser in your original post I don't really care what you think.

I'm sure that's not meant at you TB, just frustration? Crying or Very sad MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #92371 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:17pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

The funny thing is with the RRS is that you get all these warnings very early on in ownership. Once you have reset the system a couple of times these errors don't seem to reappear.

BTW I think you should say sorry to TB! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #92373 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:18pm
braveheartxxxxx

Kaine wrote:
bonnet open will be a dealer issue - take it back and get them to sort it - simple Thumbs Up

Ok , bonnet situation is not the big problem, didn't blow up properly, and is the least of my worries. Censored happens.

More concerned how a 50 grand car can have a number of fairly major things wrong from almost zero miles!!!

Post #92375 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:19pm
Brian Mason

Very Annoyed wrote:
The funny thing is with the RRS is that you get all these warnings very early on in ownership. Once you have reset the system a couple of times these errors don't seem to reappear.

BTW I think you should say sorry to TB!

I've had an undiagnosed recurring "ghost fault" for the last three months VA, so not always strictly true. I'm sure Braveheart and TB will kiss and make-up! Whistle MY12 SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ebony/Piano/Sidesteps/Privacy/Overfinch Olympus/JLR DRLs

Post #92377 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:21pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

its not unique - my friends E55 is going back in this week for a brake failure problem - plus the side mirrors keep failing even after being replaced. Noone wants such issues at 100miles of course - take it back to the dealer and I'm sure it will be sorted

Kaine

Post #92378 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:21pm
ENVOY

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Arctic Frost

braveheartxxxxx wrote:
Kaine wrote:

Ok , bonnet situation is not the big problem, didn't blow up properly, and is the least of my worries. Censored happens.

More concerned how a 50 grand car can have a number of fairly major things wrong from almost zero miles!!!

I feel for you and agree it doesnt seem right, but the car is so complex that when thry leave the factory after they have had all there checks they can still have a few teething problems that arnt picked up at the time of the checks, maybee LR do need to put the cars through longer tests, but even then theres allways going to be the odd niggle,

I hope you get it sorted out soon some of my Previous cars
--------------------------------
P38 Range Rover Autobiography
RRS 2.7 HSE Silver
RRS TDV8 HSE silver
FFRR Vogue black
Disco3 HSE silver
RRS 2.7 HSE silver
RRS 3.0 HSE BALTI BLUE
AC Cobra
Landrover Defender 90
Landrover Defender 110
Suzuki Jimney

Post #92379 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:24pm
braveheartxxxxx

TB wrote:
After being reffered to as a tosser in your original post I don't really care what you think.

Many things I may be, but a mind reader I am not!! Wee bit touchy TB it seems!! Rolling with laughter

Or is the "don't care" attitude just part of RRS ownership??

My apologies anyway, wasn't directed specifically at you TB!!! Smile

Post #92380 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:25pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

braveheartxxxxx wrote:

not in my experience - LandRover are perfect in my book - you just need to take it offroad Cool

Post #92382 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:28pm
braveheartxxxxx

Kaine wrote:
braveheartxxxxx wrote:

not in my experience - LandRover are perfect in my book Cool

Agree, was a bit surprised.

Post #92383 Sun Mar 11 2007 9:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>