RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > IID TOOL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dazzerboy

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey
IID TOOL

Hi What can you do with one of these apart from resetting service light etc etc thinking of buying one for my l494 year 2015 is there anything that you can do instead of taking to jlr to do ive read somewhere on here that you can alter the cruise control so it doesnt detect the car in front can this be done with the iid tool or not thanks Thumbs Up

Post #606929 Mon Nov 23 2020 9:52pm
dazzerboy

Can anyone who has one of these tell me what they mainly use it for then cheers

Post #606963 Wed Nov 25 2020 10:52am
arwV8

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Bonatti Grey

If you go to the IID tool website, GAP electronics, they have a full list for each of the JLR vehicles. I have the bluetooth version (IID BT) and it works fine. The L494 RRS does not have comprehensive coverage yet, like say the Disco 3 or 4 or the previous RRS that's very similar to them. But it will develop as the Disco set did.
Hope that helps

Post #607091 Sun Nov 29 2020 1:32pm
dazzerboy

Thanks for the info ill hold out a bit longer then if it doesnt realy cover much yet on the l494

Post #607116 Mon Nov 30 2020 6:48pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue

Owning a RRS without a Gap II tool is walking in the rain without an umbrella or (if you want) sitting in the sun without protection. Whistle RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #607138 Tue Dec 01 2020 7:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dazzerboy

Owning a RRS without a Gap II tool is walking in the rain without an umbrella or (if you want) sitting in the sun without protection.

what can you actually do with one of these then what can you change have looked at the gap web page cant really understand it

Post #607139 Tue Dec 01 2020 7:24pm
pjbracer1

England 

You can do diagnostics, and enable some features that were not part of the factory set up for your car (if the hardware is already there that ism or if you are prepared to fit second hand hardware, you might get some added features for a small amoutn of pain!)

You can keep an eye on the DPF if you dont do a lot of miles (i do just incase)

You can totally mess up your comfortable ride air suspension by lowering it if thats your thing (they do look nice in access mode, but not a nice drive at all, grab a gum shield!)

I have an L494 and have tinkered a little, I added in Lane departure warning, and traffic signe recog as they were the only 2 things mine didnt really have! I did a write up on how to do it on here somewhere!

I disable the ASS start top feature permanently so I dont have to keep turning it on or off each time.

I changed the dashboard skin back ground too to the supercharged skin.

There are lots of other things that can be done, Im testing with GAP on key programming feature so you can reprogram or add new keys to the l494, (its doable on the L320 and L322 but its a WIP on the L494 and probably the l405

Its not for the faint of heart though, you can brick alot of things if you were so inclinded but the first time you use it it takes a back up of the config so you can restore just in case.

If you are not IT or mechanically inclined then might not be worht the money, the worst part is ready the options from the car CCF list doesnt always make sense and there is no definitive list of what each CCF file does, and sometimes you might need to edit more than one!

I thing the tool is a must have but then im a nerd so would say that, hacking your car is a challenge too.

It is also very handy for fault reading and clearing so if you see a light on the dash you can see what it might be and clear it and then see if the saem fault comes back. The batteries in the LR's if they get low cause all sorts of xmas trees in the dash and oftne a quick charger up the issue will go away but the error might still be in the system so it handy to clear them out. Also before it goes into a dealr you can get a list first so you know they arent BS!

Read up on the site then head over to Bas Remaps and buy one hes a nice guy and keeps them on the shelf and mostly has the best prices!

Hoep this helps If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #607169 Wed Dec 02 2020 11:19pm
dazzerboy

I Dont think BAS Remaps sell them anymore not on there site

Post #607208 Fri Dec 04 2020 3:23pm
pjbracer1

England 

I think he does still have them but they might have been hidden away a little bit more than last time I looked

https://bellautoservices.co.uk/store/iid-bt-tool-gap-diagnostics/

Looks like he still does them as I think if you are lucky enouh to have an ecu that doesnt need to be opened up I think maybe 15 plate on oyu can buy a remap from him that can be pushed using the GAP tool which is cool, mine is too old so would need to be done on site first!

Battery arrived today so will fit as soon as I can (tested it and the battery is fully carged too!) If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #607209 Fri Dec 04 2020 3:32pm
dazzerboy

cheers found it now Thumbs Up

Post #607210 Fri Dec 04 2020 3:44pm
dazzerboy

Got Me iid tool from BAS Very Happy

have had a quick look at ecu files and it says there are a few that need an update how do you do that ?

Post #607356 Wed Dec 09 2020 3:39pm
pjbracer1

England 

Yout dont as thats a dealer thing, i asked the same question and its a if it doesnt need it as per a schedule or recall then dont do it. im not sure how it knows but i asked GAP and they said unless you have arrors that realted to the modules then leave it alone.

there are some things you can play with look for skin design as it allows you to change the tft display on the dash i have mine as the supercharged dials but there are others i just never bothered looking past it really but there might be some other cool layouts maybe from the jags as they use the same software If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #608073 Fri Jan 01 2021 8:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1