RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS Heater
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ian66

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Izmir Blue
RRS Heater

Hi, new to this site so apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.....I've had a RRS 14 plate since July 14 and have to say I'm massively disappointed and surprised with the heater.....If on a reasonably cold morning I have it on 28 or Hi, with the vents directed at my feet, it will be at least 45 minutes before I feel my feet are warm

On the first service I asked my dealer to have a look at it and they said they couldn't find a fault....when pushed they admitted that the heater was rubbish.....if it was a convertible designed primarily for the summer I might understand but not in a RRS

I'm starting to think about my next car and if this is true (standard of heater) then it will be enough to push me back to an X5 which is a shame because everything else is great (apart from the gap between the back seats and the boot cover bar which I'm yet to figure out why!)

So reason for the post....is it really a standard feature of the RRS that the heater isn't very good or have I just got a duff one and the dealer can't find the fault / be bothered to fix it.

Any advice appreciated

Post #489199 Sat Feb 27 2016 8:31pm
Brian

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mine heats up fairly quickly after driving off and even quicker if the FBH has been used beforehand i.e. on a frosty morning. Not experienced the delay you're talking about and previous RRS was the same.

Mine is also left in 'auto' all the time (except the heat settings obviously).

Should also add that my heat settings are usually set between 21 and 24. Cheers
Brian

Owned: '13 HSE Black Edition 3.0 SDV6 Stornoway Grey
Gone: '57 HSE 3.6 TDV8, Zermatt Silver
Gone: '02 Discovery 2 TD5

Post #489274 Sun Feb 28 2016 10:46am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Is it the new new shape RRS (L494)? Or the last of the previous shape
If it was the last of the previous shape, then if it's diesel, it will have a fuel burning heater. I can fit/enable remote park heating, this will warm the car up before you start driving and get it up to operating temperature much much quicker if that helps? Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #489276 Sun Feb 28 2016 10:59am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Colin7524

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Java Black

Hi Bodsy do you still offer the software update and the fbh remote option.

Post #608253 Thu Jan 07 2021 2:19pm
Hog

Netherlands 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Buckingham Blue
Re: RRS Heater

Ian66 wrote:
Hi, new to this site so apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.....I've had a RRS 14 plate since July 14 and have to say I'm massively disappointed and surprised with the heater.....If on a reasonably cold morning I have it on 28 or Hi, with the vents directed at my feet, it will be at least 45 minutes before I feel my feet are warm

On the first service I asked my dealer to have a look at it and they said they couldn't find a fault....when pushed they admitted that the heater was rubbish.....if it was a convertible designed primarily for the summer I might understand but not in a RRS

I'm starting to think about my next car and if this is true (standard of heater) then it will be enough to push me back to an X5 which is a shame because everything else is great (apart from the gap between the back seats and the boot cover bar which I'm yet to figure out why!)

So reason for the post....is it really a standard feature of the RRS that the heater isn't very good or have I just got a duff one and the dealer can't find the fault / be bothered to fix it.

Any advice appreciated

It probably did not come with a Fuel Burning Heather, which is important for the winter season. Diesel engines take time to warm up by themselves RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux
RRS 3.0 TDV6 gone
LR 3 HSE V8 gone
DiscoveryII V8 Gone
Discovery 1 V8 Gone
Mustang Shelby
Alfa Guilia (classic)

Post #608259 Thu Jan 07 2021 4:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Grimble

United Kingdom 

Ian66, I too thought there was a big gap until I realised that the rear seats can recline. Hey presto! no gap. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #608260 Thu Jan 07 2021 4:22pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

HOLY Thread Resurrection Shocked

after nearly 5 years and only 1 post I suspect ian66 went back to a X5 Laughing

and agree he had a Rubbish heater

Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005