RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2008 RRS Multiple faults after sitting for 12 months
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Benmtturner

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Java Black
2008 RRS Multiple faults after sitting for 12 months

hi first time posting so hello everyone, I'm currently looking at a 2008 auto diesel RRS for a friend, the faults started a year or so ago in that it wouldn't stay engaged in drive, you had to hold the lever to begin with until speed was picked up then it was fine, we assumed it needed the transmission flushing and Censored cable checking. unfortunately he never had time to do this and had to buy another car so its sat for a little over a year. this week he decide he wants it sorting and back on the road I got him a new battery and she started straight away with a few on dash warning parking break fail and water in fuel we manage ro roll it forward and then reverse so there was more space to get to everything to clean her up. but after that everything went south after turning the ignition off the key wouldn't release from the ignition, the gear stick locked in the park position and now won't start. the alarm immobiliser light goes solid for a second then goes out and all central locking remote seems to function at it should, the only error code that came back from the eco was a network failure which pointed at the ABS module. there seems to be some damp in the boot compartment on the drivers side but all break lights are working and the break switch seems to be functioning as it should. so I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to what may be going on or were to start my search?
thank you and sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section?

Post #606596 Fri Nov 13 2020 3:47pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What code reader did you use? A generic one or a LR-specific one? Some of the generic readers don't access all of the ECUs for some reason.

If it's been sat and there is a "network error", could that point to a break in the wiring somewhere? If a connector has corroded or a wire been damaged such as being chewed by a rodent, then you'll need to figure out which ECUs you can access. That'll help determine where a break might be. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #606599 Fri Nov 13 2020 4:22pm
Benmtturner

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Java Black

Thanks for your reply. This is my first time dealing with a RR, I've got a few different readers a cheap elm127 didn't read any codes but but a veepeak ble one read the network failure which pointed at the abs module, I'll have another look tomorow and see if I can see anything at the abs module. It just seemed strange that it fired first time but then locked out and immobiliser light dosent flash a seccond time to indicate its unlocked. Thank you.

Post #606600 Fri Nov 13 2020 4:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1