RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR insurance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Strange reading that as my friend has her 20 plate SVR stolen off her drive. clear to see in CCTV that is was a keyless theft SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #605893 Fri Oct 23 2020 4:26pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Are you sure it was an MY20 model?

UWB keys should have come in since MY18 though to be fair.

Volvo keys now de-activate when they haven't been moved for a while, I think thats clever.

Also the keyless relay theft can only work if they can amplify your key signal from nearby.

If the keys are near the door they can do that easily though, easier to put them in a faraday pouch/box.

There's something in the newer keys with InControl Secure Pro but no idea what extra is in them. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #605896 Fri Oct 23 2020 7:17pm
1richard1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I really believe its not down to honest working people to hide their keys in pouches but the judicial system and government to lock the scumbags up for a decent period of time to dissuade this type of crime, as it is atm twoking is a nothing if they said 5 years for first offence 15 years for second and then maybe 30 years for third it may put a halt to this type of crime. At least that type of sentencing would start to stall the current crime wave.

Post #605900 Fri Oct 23 2020 9:55pm
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I would suggest that cars aren't being stolen for a "joy ride" (TWOC), they are being stripped for parts/exported by organised criminal gangs. If the criminals do get caught, generally its the little guy who is before the court, not the ones who make the real money.
Anyway, it's a "victimless crime" isn't it? The insurance company pays out to the owner who goes and buys a new one, so everyone's happy aren't they? Except, as usual its the little guy's-us who are financially disadvantaged and are out of pocket with a derisory insurance offer, then having to pay high insurance premiums.

Post #605902 Sat Oct 24 2020 7:50am
nil07

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey

I’m gonna do a browse of insurance companies later to see how competitive they are.
LV was not much more than my RRS for the SVR.
Only issue is will I have to fit a different tracker than the insecure N

E46 M3
X6
2015 RRS HSE dynamic
2018 RRS Autobiography
2019 SVR

Post #605908 Sat Oct 24 2020 11:30am
Chips

England 

https://www.landrover.co.uk/keylessentry/index.html MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #605909 Sat Oct 24 2020 12:59pm
Farmer Chalk

It is for this reason you should never leave your car with a valet car parking company, an airport transfer company or your local car wash...
It is very easy to make a key for a car.....especially if they have possession of your car keys even for a short while....

Post #605914 Sat Oct 24 2020 5:16pm
nil07

Tracker / ghost

If I was forced to add my own tracker by an insurance company .... which would you go for ? N

E46 M3
X6
2015 RRS HSE dynamic
2018 RRS Autobiography
2019 SVR

Post #605918 Sat Oct 24 2020 8:17pm
Farmer Chalk

The best one currently on the market in terms of recovery is the Can Track Trusted units... my company has in excess of 3000 of them fitted in a variety of construction equipment , vans etc...

Why they are different is that they are tiny, battery powered and thus the thieves cannot find them by tracing the wires.. the battery lasts for 5-7 years and they keep their battery power by only pinging once a day.
If the vehicle is stolen a signal is sent to the device to start reporting its exact location by both GPS and RF...they are sealed for life and thus you can put them in wheelarches and underneath vehicles if necessary...

Moreover they have a team of ex Policemen to go out and find the vehicle...their recovery rate is outstanding...

The units are about £200 each plus the yearly sim charging...

Definitely the one that you would spend your own money on....

Post #605919 Sat Oct 24 2020 8:33pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

DangerMouseUK wrote:
Are you sure it was an MY20 model?

UWB keys should have come in since MY18 though to be fair.

Volvo keys now de-activate when they haven't been moved for a while, I think thats clever.

Also the keyless relay theft can only work if they can amplify your key signal from nearby.

If the keys are near the door they can do that easily though, easier to put them in a faraday pouch/box.

There's something in the newer keys with InControl Secure Pro but no idea what extra is in them.

apologies I stand corrected hers was a 2019 68 plate that was stolen her replacement is a 20 plate SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Post #605920 Sat Oct 24 2020 8:34pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hearvthat mate but glad to hear she got replacement.

Scum bags Censored

Did her car have tracker? And if so did they find it?

Post #605922 Sat Oct 24 2020 9:04pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

yes it was recovered but by the time it was found it was in a chop shop with many of its parts missing SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

Post #605930 Sun Oct 25 2020 2:31pm
nil07

Good to know far,er

Farmer Chalk wrote:
The best one currently on the market in terms of recovery is the Can Track Trusted units... my company has in excess of 3000 of them fitted in a variety of construction equipment , vans etc...

Why they are different is that they are tiny, battery powered and thus the thieves cannot find them by tracing the wires.. the battery lasts for 5-7 years and they keep their battery power by only pinging once a day.
If the vehicle is stolen a signal is sent to the device to start reporting its exact location by both GPS and RF...they are sealed for life and thus you can put them in wheelarches and underneath vehicles if necessary...

Moreover they have a team of ex Policemen to go out and find the vehicle...their recovery rate is outstanding...

N

E46 M3
X6
2015 RRS HSE dynamic
2018 RRS Autobiography
2019 SVR

Post #605932 Sun Oct 25 2020 3:07pm
nil07

Good to know ...will look into these

Farmer Chalk wrote:

N

E46 M3
X6
2015 RRS HSE dynamic
2018 RRS Autobiography
2019 SVR

Post #605933 Sun Oct 25 2020 3:07pm
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

Farmer Chalk wrote:

This looks really good. I was looking at the MoniMoto recently which sounds quite good, but I don't have any personal experience of it.

Post #605934 Sun Oct 25 2020 4:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>