RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Bike Carrier
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Swiggy

Scotland 
Bike Carrier

Hi All, newbie to RRS here having collected a nearly new P400 HST last week. Very pleased with it - done around 500 miles on it over the last few days and what an engine! Loving the car,having moved up from a Disco 5 HSE Lux but could do with some advice on 2 aspects:
1. With a little less space than a Disco, I will occasionally need to use a roof box. Can anyone recommend roof rails and fitters in Glasgow area - the dealer wanted £1100 to fit LR roof rails and given the L494 has been out for some time, I wonder whether there is a good aftermarket option?
2. I have an electrically deployable towbar and use an Acera 4 bike rack on it, which fitted fine on the D5. On using the same rack on the RRS, it is very close to the boot and I had to put some rubber pads to stop it rubbing on the tailgate. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get more space between bike rack and tailgate - pictures attached.

Many thanks, David

Post #605504 Mon Oct 12 2020 9:34pm
Turdmon

United Kingdom 

Good shout for the roof rails. I’m looking for some decent aftermarket ones too, as LR ones aren’t cheap. I want to carry my bikes on the roof as well as using a roof box occasionally.
I went through this same scenario with an evoque. The aftermarket ones I tried were poor and I sent three sets back, only to stump up the extra £400 for proper LR ones with the mounting holes drilled properly and the finishing kit fitting perfectly. Fitting is easy. I didn’t regret spending the money although RRS ones are a little more expensive than evoque ones.

Post #605616 Fri Oct 16 2020 7:51am
keano40

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I have the Thule 3 bike one and its perfect.

Post #605629 Fri Oct 16 2020 11:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1