RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS G4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

g4mudman

United Kingdom 
RRS G4

Thanks for the replys to my other post ( should I change ) regarding RRS G4. Does anyone on here have a RRS 4.4 petrol with any real MPG info, might help to make my mind up. Will go to dealers and have a look anyway. MPG cant be aa bad as old rover V8? can it??

Post #83122 Wed Feb 14 2007 1:46am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

The majority of RRS sold here in the US are 4.4 liter petrol engines (some S/C - we don't have diesels here unfortunately.) Mine is no G4, but on a fairly even mix of city and highway driving, I have averaged anywhere between 14 and 16 miles per US gallon (1 US gallon = 3.785 liters, that's about 17-19 mpUKg, no?) and have clocked a whopping 43K trouble-free miles so far. S/C engines seem to do a bit worse but not much more so, maybe 1 to 2 mpg less on avg. Thank goodness fuel is still cheap here, relatively speaking of course. 

Post #83123 Wed Feb 14 2007 2:11am
Brian Mason

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Yeah, you boys over the pond really enjoy cheap juice Umbertob. I cant understand why anybody here in the UK would now buy a petrol RRS, especially with the introduction of the TDV8 and the dramatic improvements gained by remapping a TDV6. However, if fuel here was only a few cents a litre, and everybody wasn't so paranoid about global bloody warming, perhaps we would all think twice! Rolling Eyes

Post #83124 Wed Feb 14 2007 2:28am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Pelyma

England 

Don't forget with the extra gear on you won't get such a good mpg

Post #83156 Wed Feb 14 2007 9:38am
TJ101

England 
Re: RRS G4

g4mudman wrote:
Thanks for the replys to my other post ( should I change ) regarding RRS G4. Does anyone on here have a RRS 4.4 petrol with any real MPG info, might help to make my mind up. Will go to dealers and have a look anyway. MPG cant be aa bad as old rover V8? can it??

Go for it,, I did, and happy Razz

umbertob is about spot on,, normal use mix round town, Main "A" road runs is around the 16-17 mpg, Did a 200 mile run, in no hurry,and keep to 70 (computer average 69.7) and just got over the 20, The extra weight, or more important, the rack mush add a bit, (get a bit of wind noise from the rack)
Mine is not used as a everyday car, so the fuel does not make a lot of difference, The one personal bug bear i have with the car, is No cruise control, so motorway runs are a pain in the neck, or rather in the leg !! Even though you can find adds, listed the RRS G4 with cruise, they do not, if they do, please tell me !!
The RRS is (in my mind) has so much more presence that the D3 version, 997 TT, RR TDV8 Vog SE 90 V8 Hybrid
www.wessex4x4response.org.uk
http://forum.innovate4x4.com
G4 RRS Gone

Post #83711 Fri Feb 16 2007 12:34am
lanby

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange
Re: RRS G4

TJ101 wrote:
g4mudman wrote:

Go for it,, I did, and happy Razz

umbertob is about spot on,, normal use mix round town, Main "A" road runs is around the 16-17 mpg, Did a 200 mile run, in no hurry,and keep to 70 (computer average 69.7) and just got over the 20, The extra weight, or more important, the rack mush add a bit, (get a bit of wind noise from the rack)
Mine is not used as a everyday car, so the fuel does not make a lot of difference, The one personal bug bear i have with the car, is No cruise control, so motorway runs are a pain in the neck, or rather in the leg !! Even though you can find adds, listed the RRS G4 with cruise, they do not, if they do, please tell me !!
The RRS is (in my mind) has so much more presence that the D3 version,

Mines does.
It's got cruise, and it's also got an adaptive distance control thing that keeps a set ditance from the vehicle
in front which is novel.
As for fuel economy I get 15.5 mpg.

Post #92532 Mon Mar 12 2007 12:59am
TJ101

England 

Morning lanby

Great news, that now 2 of us, Very Happy Welcome to RRS a great crowd, with lots of help & advise !!

Very interested to hear you have cruise, as this is my only disappointment with the car !! Have you still got the front winch fitted ??

PM on the way

Regards TJ 997 TT, RR TDV8 Vog SE 90 V8 Hybrid
G4 RRS Gone

Post #92563 Mon Mar 12 2007 9:19am
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

I think there are 3 of you now Very Happy Razz Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #92564 Mon Mar 12 2007 9:22am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TJ101

England 

Yep, Martin,, just catching up,, Just fount General Lee Smile on the other thread 997 TT, RR TDV8 Vog SE 90 V8 Hybrid
G4 RRS Gone

Post #92567 Mon Mar 12 2007 9:29am
lanby

TJ101 wrote:
Morning lanby

Great news, that now 2 of us, Very Happy Welcome to RRS a great crowd, with lots of help & advise !!

Very interested to hear you have cruise, as this is my only disappointment with the car !! Have you still got the front winch fitted ??

PM on the way

Regards TJ

yep its got cruise -although I'm not a fan of cruise, adaptive cruise -which I'm an even smaller fan of, especially
as it doesn't have the ability to see ahead and ends up braking hard and then accelerates hard after!.
It only has two of the sensors though as the winch is in the way of the other two.

Post #92911 Tue Mar 13 2007 10:32am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

That's odd as TJ101's does not have it fitted. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #92912 Tue Mar 13 2007 10:33am
lanby

I've just sent TJ101 a PM and I think he's going to have a moan
to Landrover about it

Post #92914 Tue Mar 13 2007 10:37am
TJ101

England 

lanby wrote:

yep its got cruise -although I'm not a fan of cruise, adaptive cruise -which I'm an even smaller fan of, especially
as it doesn't have the ability to see ahead and ends up braking hard and then accelerates hard after!.
It only has two of the sensors though as the winch is in the way of the other two.

Hi Lanby,

Think the sensor you are talking about are the front park sensor ie one either end of the front bumper skin,
the cruise radar i am told should be sat behind where the winch now fits !! BUT, G Lee recons he has active cruise and winch !! 997 TT, RR TDV8 Vog SE 90 V8 Hybrid
G4 RRS Gone

Post #92920 Tue Mar 13 2007 10:42am
lanby

Mornin,
I thought they were the parking sensors as well, but they don't do anything when parking!
but mine definately has cruise and you can set the distance between you and the car
in front.
I guess I should read the manual

Post #92939 Tue Mar 13 2007 11:14am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Adaptive Cruise sensor is a black plastic box in the lower intake of the front bumper, left side..... strangely enough it has "Adatptive Cruise Control" moulded into the cover, can't think why! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #92971 Tue Mar 13 2007 12:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>