RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Thinking of returning to the Range Rover Clan .. advice pse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Manxaircrest

Isle Of Man 
Thinking of returning to the Range Rover Clan .. advice pse

Thinking of returning to the Club .. never had a 494 sport so looking at a couple of possible options ... both AB's both saying dynamic .. one v6 3.0 & the other V8 4.4 .. driven the v8 but not the v6 yet .... the v8 has 7 seat option ... v6 not ... (that's not important to me btw ... Reading about this v6 crank issue with interest obviously .... could I ask for real world opinions please as to what route to go & why ?

Thanks in advance.... grateful of any constructive advice

Post #604746 Tue Sep 22 2020 7:19am
Canary

England 

I have had both variants and I would take the 4.4 any day, your more than likely to get a better spec on the v8 guaranteeing autobiography with extra toys plus a nicer engine with not much fear of crankshaft issues, its very smooth and the extra power is always nice also not much difference in MPG which I'm sure isn't even a factor.

Cheers
Alex MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #604748 Tue Sep 22 2020 8:31am
gtr_skyline

United Kingdom 

Welcome back..... have the 3.0 Diesel 5 years old, LR warranty, ensure I rag the hell out of it at least once a week to overcome the oil dilution issue..love it and nothing else comes close - just need to use it regularly and longer journeys.

Heard great things about the v8. Good luck with your search.

Prashan MY16, 3.0D HSE Dynamic, Barola Black, TV, Rear Entertainment, Opening Pan Roof, Meridian

Post #604763 Tue Sep 22 2020 12:51pm
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Only had my V8 just over a year & love it , read up on the vehicles before making a purchase & visited this forum, advice swayed towards the V8 in preference to the V6 very pleased with it regarding fuel consumption & towing ability.

Post #604765 Tue Sep 22 2020 1:04pm
Spleen

United Kingdom 

Test drove both and the difference wasn't significant enough for me either way so in the end plumped for the right car when it came along which was a V6. Job jobbed and more than happy with the power. Ferrari F430 Spider F1
MY17 RRS AB V6
2CV6 Special

Post #604780 Tue Sep 22 2020 6:57pm
pjbracer1

England 

V6 for me I had the V8 SD RRS1 before and a Merc V8 AMG and do love the power but after I drove the V6 that is supercharged I have to say I was impressed, not anything like the V8 SC but then that used so much fuel it felt like it had a 20L tank!

I didnt buy it for eco though but it was a pain having to fill up for a long journey then fill up for the way back! So having driven a few burners in the past was pretty impressed with the MPG.

The V6 doesnt fell as smooth under the foot as the V8 but then if you have never owned a V8 you wont miss it.

I drove both and though I was more happy with the V6 as the supercharged burst in dynamic mode is still pretty rapid (leaves a lot of other cars around me quite surprised if you do gun it).

I know there is the crank shaft issue but this is a forum and you only hear about the horror stories, I took the chance and went for the V6 and think in the future will probably be easier to sell as most buyers are not always as nerdy as us lot!

Id got for and Autobiography with as many toys as you can get (even if you dont use all of them) as its a long options list and when it comes to sell those are the extras that helps put it above all the rest even if it the same money!

If you are not bothered about how much fuel etc... just go for the 5.0 SC its a monster!

I opted for the V6 as its fast enough, eco enough, had all the toys, is really comfortable and I figured how often do I ever get to open up the taps on the road anymore they are too busy and Im getting older! I dont tow stuff either so the V6 is more than enough.

I also factored in an extra oil change inbetween a service to counter the oil dilution issue (which I reckon could well be the issue relating to the crank shaft issues on some cars) but dont count me on that!

Welcome back to the club and show us some picks when you decide which one! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #604880 Thu Sep 24 2020 9:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1