Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Vibration/rumble under acceleration
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

James4687

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue
Vibration/rumble under acceleration

Hi guys,

New member here so bare with me. I have recently swapped my dsd for his range rover sport 2005 hse model. I was under doing diff oils and noticed gearbox oil cooler pipes were leaking so done these but removed front propshaft to do so, just worth mentioning tbh. My current situation is since swapping I have had a rumble/wheel bearing sort of sound under acceleration but cant be heard when let off. I had a look and rear propshaft bearing was non exsitent so replaced full propshaft with new GKN one. But I am still getting this noise on acceleration. Had partner in car today who originally thought noise eas from front says could feel slight vibration as could I, but she jumped in back and said felt like vibration was coming from under her feet. So looking to see what probably causes Im looking at or previous experience with this issue? Was going to replace front propshaft but think this was an issue on older cars not my year? Could it be rear diff on way out? But thought that would whine instead of vibrate/rumble? Any help on where to look next would be appreciated as do not want to keep throwing money at it for no reason.

Post #604168 Sat Sep 05 2020 6:47pm
1richard1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Sounds like you can use the spanners, change the wheel bearings, have a mega flush and could be front diff.

Post #604183 Sun Sep 06 2020 7:54am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I'm sure you did but It does say in the workshop manual that it is possible to get the front prop orientation wrong, just wondered if you marked the position of the prop flange to diff flange etc. before removal and refitted in same place, and have a slight balance issue.

Cheers
Col

Post #604184 Sun Sep 06 2020 8:16am
James4687

Thanks for replies guys. I did mark it before removal for that reason and reinstalled back where it was, had it since owning car which keads me to believe it aint anything I have done, will jack it up and check for play in bearings again, just thought if it was them I would hear it all time not just on acceleration, may still be there after letting off but very faint, thought I had cracked it with rear prop but obviously not! Thanks for suggestions guys will look into these 👍

Post #604209 Sun Sep 06 2020 5:00pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Just a thought, you say you marked it when it came off. Is there a chance somebody has been there before you and put it back on wrongly, so you just carried on their mistake?. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #604230 Mon Sep 07 2020 7:12am
James4687

Every possibility, I will have a look at that just incase, i think it has narrowed down to rear pasenger side of car but cant really see anything wrong, I have noticed though that both driveshafts/halfshafts where entering diff have side to side and up and down movement which I wouldnt think is normal? So think diff may be gone? Unless for off road purposes it does have play in these joints at diff? Never owned a 4x4 so not to sure of tolerances.

Post #604286 Mon Sep 07 2020 8:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1