Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TDV8 Turbo oil feed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

silverdreamracing

United Kingdom 
TDV8 Turbo oil feed

Hi
Looking for some advise please, I am in the process of replacing the turbos on my 2007 Range rover sport TDV8 (body still on), I have taken the old turbos off, fitted new oil feed pipe and got 1 turbo back on, just waiting for new heat shield before fitting other side (probably the hardest thing to get out!). My question is that I want to prime oil through the new oil feed pipe and turbos before starting car, I have squirted some oil in oil way on turbo but due to the time it will take to put everything back together i'm pretty sure this will have just drained back down through the return pipe and I would also like to be sure that both turbos are getting a good oil supply but also don't fancy a oil covered floor! my thoughts are to unplug the crank or cam sensor so i can crank car over for about 30secs on the key when everything is back together but without the car firing up. Could some one please advise on correct way to do this or any suggestions please?

Post #603790 Wed Aug 26 2020 1:36pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

opinions vary.

personally I doubt these engines will push any oil round with the method you describe, and you may well cause more damage to the whole engine in trying that.

It also make take some cranking to get the thing going anyway without unplugging things! the v6's do.

I'm sure someone will disagree.

Post #603798 Wed Aug 26 2020 5:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1